Belly Fatness!

sinisme
sinisme Posts: 148 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
How does one get rid of belly fat? sometimes i feel like i look pregnant. I have chicken legs.. then like a belly and my arms are huge. boooo.. this losing weight stuff is so annoying. LOL:ohwell:

Replies

• io_ragazza
    io_ragazza Posts: 23
    I bet you notice it waaaaaay more than anyone else! Are you retaining water? Try drinking lots and cutting back on salt if you aren't already. If it is genuinely a layer of fat (and judging by your profile picture you are far from being fat!) the the best I find is cardio, particularly running, combined with abdominal exercises like planks and crunches. Especially the planks... Good luck!
  • sinisme
    I bet you notice it waaaaaay more than anyone else! Are you retaining water? Try drinking lots and cutting back on salt if you aren't already. If it is genuinely a layer of fat (and judging by your profile picture you are far from being fat!) the the best I find is cardio, particularly running, combined with abdominal exercises like planks and crunches. Especially the planks... Good luck!

LOL.. thanks.. but it's the angle of the pic that is decieving... <- did i spell that right? .. anyway... i do try and jog every day.. i dont run because my shins kill me.. but i try and do at least 2 miles everyday and i try and throw in some stairs at the stadium when i have the time.. i've been doing it for a couple of months now and i've seen NO change.. not even in my clothes. If anything my pants got tighter in the thigh area.. what's up with that!?! LOL

Which ones are planks??
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    You have to push yourself with the cardio, make it faster or harder or longer, if you just keep doing the same exact thing your body gets used to it so switch it up. Keep your body guessing!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    I have lost 20 lbs. and still no change. wish I knew
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Sadly you can't spot lose. I wish you could. The best you can do is tons of cardio - your body will burn everywhere, with more coming from places that have higher concentrations of fat.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Here's an article on what helps your belly fat in regards to diet...I'm in your boat, too. Chicken legs and round belly :ohwell:

http://www.shape.com/weight_loss/recipes/eat_to_beat_belly_fat
  • sinisme
    Here's an article on what helps your belly fat in regards to diet...I'm in your boat, too. Chicken legs and round belly :ohwell:

http://www.shape.com/weight_loss/recipes/eat_to_beat_belly_fat

Thanks!!!!:smile:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Me too!!!

My kids say I look like an orange on a stick. bleh

If you find the answer, please, please let me know!!
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    I have the same problem and all I keep hearing is cardio, cardio and more cardio.
  • sinisme
    Me too!!!

My kids say I look like an orange on a stick. bleh

If you find the answer, please, please let me know!!

*sigh*... kids... gotta love 'em
This discussion has been closed.