really discouraged...

Options
so I joined mfp and was pretty good about counting calories and logging work outs but then I hit a plateau at 150lbs. My goal is 125 and I just cant seem to get out of the 150s... I had my son a little under seven months ago and I know everyone says that hormones can effect the baby weight loss... and that it usually takes 9 months to get the weight off... but yea im just feeling frustrated because its going to be 7 months in like three days... so yea.. I feel like I've only got 2 months left until I'm at 9 months post pregnancy and I've still got the weight on and I'm SICK of seeing pictures of myself and my little boy and theres still chunkiness ugh... my husband is coming home from iraq for two weeks in july and I'm just so depressed that I still look like this...

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    it took me a year to lose my pg weight after child number one. one whole year.

you are halfway to your goal and can reach it--if you keep moving forward.
    make sure to drink lots of water; you need water to metabolize stored fat.

checkthe kinds ofcals you're consuming. makesure you have lots offruits (tis the season) and veges and lean protein.
    and set mini goals. each week i put on my to dolist my fitnessgoals
    this week it's exercise50 min (i list each day and put a check markon the days i do at least that)
    and log 25miles.
    i like having something toaim for, keeps memotivated.

you cando this
    and your hubby will just beso happy to be with you, you could have three heads and potato sackclothes and he'sgonna love you up!:tongue:

btw,thank you and your family for your service toour country. all the sacrifices you make are very much appreciated. :heart:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds just like me. I keep getting stuck at 150 and my goal is 125...i hate the number 150 :mad:

I'm on a new track, so I"m going to be serious and break this bad streak. Are you stuck in a fitness rut?? Do you switch up your workouts, are you working out hard enough, are you eating healthy? There's a lot that can be happening on why you're not losing weight. I know why I kept getting stuck and I need to change my habits :grumble:
  • jennifercasteel
    Options
    I am in the same boat you are. I had my son almost 8 months ago and still have weight to lose. Don't be discouraged just keep doing what you are doing, the weight will come off. I am 158 lbs and want to get to 130 but seem to be stuck at 158. If you have reached a plateau take a couple days off counting calories and fat. Your body might need a boost to get started again. Your husband is going to be so excited to see you when he get home any weight that you have lost will be noticed.
  • super007
    super007 Posts: 23
    Options
    I completely understand how you feel even though, I don't have kids, going for the points after you've hit a stage is also considered a good thing. I have background in nutrition and I used to run marathons while working crazy hours as a IT project manager. However, I had a major surgery a year back and I was bed ridden for 5 months. I was told not to work out. The results were crazy.

These will help you tremedously and you will see amazing results in 2 weeks (if you stick to it!).

1 ) Focus on habits.

Firstly, Have your carbs early in the morning. Avoid having carbs after 6PM. Keep your snack meals after 6PM to fruits, steamed vegetables and water water water in the evening. Before you sleep, hydrate yourself.

Secondly, if you drink any kind of ready made fruit juice or coke or those ridiculous carbonated drinks. Trash them away. A) The sugar has more calories than the 'serving' and 'nutrition' facts disclose. B) Trash your coke / pepsis. These are bad on your bones and eat up your bones. They are also harmful as coke drink is actually used as a toilet stain remover!!! (I'm not kidding). Stick to 2-3 cups of green tea. YES! Have green tea every single day (loose is preferred) but if you work and you are traveling, carry your packets with you. Order hot water at any starbucks and you are set! It's cheap and its helps reduce weight if you have it consistently. My ticker is living proof. Every single habit I'm letting you know, I've formed it. And its been going through hell and back for me because I had some serious withdrawl symptoms when I let go of my chai and coffee drinking habit. But its worth it. The thing is...if you drink coke, pepsi, coffee...your body dehydrates...and your metabolism slows down drastically. Again, if you drink all this, there is no place to drink water or green tea....so you've to change habits..to make sure its a LASTING change! :) Isnt this also going to be passed on to your kids? It starts from you my dear...you set better examples.

Thirdly, Have a 'wat the hell' day only once in a week or once in 2 weeks. This is when you may have fast food or go out and enjoy a meal with your hubby. Atleast next 2 weeks, you can loose a good 2-5 pounds if you are consistent.

Forthly, I am not sure how many times you work out. But for the next 2 weeks, you need to kick up your work out sessions. I work out 3-5 times a week which includes a 30 minute cardio. You might want to work out 2 hrs for the next two weeks every single day that includes 10-15 minute warm up 45 minutes of cardio and 20-25 minutes of relaxation and weight training. Are you doing strength training 3 times a week? Did you know weight training will burn calories WHILE YOU ARE SLEEPING?

Fifth, you should be having 5 portions of vegetables and 2-3 servings of fruits followed by your multivitamins. For the next 2 weeks, I would HIGHLY recommend that you do not eat beef, pork, chicken or any sort of meat. Turn a vegetarian for the next 2 weeks and have fish once a week.I'm not kidding. Being a vegetarian increases your metabolism, gives you a better skin texture, saves the environment! You'll loose more pounds and you'll have MORE energy! The fastest marathon runners are vegetarians!

Six, check your cereal. How much sugar does it have? Cut out your ice-cream and chocolate abosolutely. UNLESS, you are having 98.5% chocolate and making the hot chocolate at home (like I do by adding organic nectar or honey in it). Replace your 'sugar' by having honey....its healthier and will help build immunity...or there is splenda..

seventh, avoid 'salt' in your food..and watch your canned food sodium content.

Eight, cut out the dairy intake. Stick to organic soy milk from silk or rice milk. Non fat plain yogurt is good. But drop out your cheese or any butter or margarine...stick to olive oil and walnut oil. For cooking purpose, only use canola oil (if needed).

ninth point, have 5-6 small snack size meals than american size meals :)

tenth, get atleast 6-8 hrs of sleep (if possible!) And STAY away from donuts, brownies, cookies or pretzels or anything like that. Home made meals for the next 2 weeks will move that needle...down and show you results.

Now that i've asked you to change habits, you must be wondering....am I really living a life with no meat! no cheese! YES....i'll share some brilliant receipes that are nutrious..and so much better. You might end up loosing good 5- 10 pounds if you are DISCIPLINED. And you really dont have to starve yourself.

Chocolate fondue
    If you crave chocolate avoid eating anything outside. instead ...bring 98.5% chocolate bar home. Its good quality chocolate with more chocolate and hardly any sugar. Grate as much as you want, and microwave for 10-15 seconds, add organic honey or organic agave nectar, add organic soy milk (fortified with calcium), stir...and let it sit in the refrigerator. The thickness, the sweetness - you can control. I like to make a sauce. I cut various fruits like apples, pineapples, banana slices and add toothpick to it. Dip it in the sauce and take care of that craving in a MUCH BETTER way! You can have as much chocolate as you want. My little sister starts her day like this and its very good to have chocolate as it releases happy endorphines.

Yummy salads for you as you'll feel strange working out 2 hrs and feeling hungry all the time! (Its a good sign btw).

Spinach
    Get from fresh baby spinach, slice up strawberries or peel off a fresh orange. Add pine nutes or almonds or walnuts or pecans (no cashews!), raisins. Drizzle some olive oil on it, sprinkle some goat cheese (its good for you). Your salad is ready to dive into!

Mushroon salad
    Get the romaine lettuce, chop it up. Open a can of sliced mushrooms (or you can get fresh ones too). Double Wash them if they are canned. Open a can of roasted red peppers. Wash them off, slice them and add mushroom & peppers to ramaine leaves. Sprinkle goat cheese, some nuts and its ready to eat!

Hummas.
    I make olive based or red pepper based hummas at home. This is much more satisfying, rich in protein and you control the oil content. Have it with whole wheat pita as a snack....If you google up, this receipe is easy to find. Some are shown on youtube..so you can watch the process.

If you get a chance, invest in a juicemaker. As much as natural fruit or vegetable juice is not AS delicious as the bottled one...its MUCH more healthy, helps loose weight drastically! I mean having pure celery and carrot juice will bust those calories away! If its not 'sweet enough'..add honey! DONT add artificial sugar

Hope this helps!
    P.S: Honey HAS CALORIES but its safer than the artifial sweetners. Not everything is about 'calories'....its the energy that you need in order to function and work out as well. Better than all the meat for sure!

71839.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter