Weight isn't coming off- doing everything right??? Anyone el

Options
124»

Replies

• aliciar876
    Options
    Thank you.. I'll try this for a week and see what happens:smile::flowerforyou:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. I'll try this for a week and see what happens:smile::flowerforyou:

Try this, this is going to protect you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/471769-an-easier-way-to-setup-goal-calories-eating-for-who-you-wi

Because to comment that you had 249 calories of energy in a day for your body, but still want to lose 2lbs / week, means you are missing a concept here of what a healthy BMR. Never mind the fact the exercise calories was probably inflated greatly.

So I'm guessing your healthy BMR was estimated between 1400 and 1600?

Look at that, your body at total rest, just taking care of the functions of life, burns that many calories a day.

If you eat below that, your body will adjust lower. That energy cannot come from fat stores, because in fact one of the functions is taking care of the fat. Those calories must come into the body.

Do you really want to net 1000 calories or less per day of energy for your body to take care of functions of life?

If you lower it, you'll be losing out on 400-600 calories of free calorie burn a day.

How does that impact the weight loss equation now, 400-600 less calories being burned?
    I see a plateau coming!
  • Bombbombgo
    Options
    Save
  • jackie6411
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that has replied and offered advice! I have been working out (5 out of 7 days this week)- cardio and strength training, and trying to eat more. I just still haven't seen the scale budge this week. I "feel" like I've lost some weight, but the scale isn't reflecting yet. Drives me nuts, but I'm trying to be patient and hoping my body is just adjusting. I have an appt. with a trainer tomorrow at the gym I go to...so we'll see what that does for me.
    Not giving up! I know that 170 is not a good weight for me and something's got to give soon!
    Thanks again, I've taken a lot of advice away from this post and used it. :)