paleo/primal/ACD energy question...

Options
So, I've been following an anti-candida diet (close to paleo/primal) for two weeks now. I have only been doing 20-30 minutes on the elliptical here and there but I just have ZERO energy to get me through. Today I tried to do week one of C25K and I have never been so tired during a workout. I used to be able to really push when I was eating my oats with nut butter & banana in the morning (sugar!!!). I'd really like to start doing my 30 Day Shred dvd every few days but there's no way if I can barely make it through as it is.

I've been trying to eat eggs with maybe some veg or a couple buckwheat or almond flour pancakes made with Greek yogurt & eggs, topped with coconut manna. Maybe some almond/coconut milk, plenty of water and herbal tea. My diary is public...

So, any advice from all you paleo/primal/ACD dieters as to what really gets you to power through your workouts? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Replies

• tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well, after looking through your last few days the first thing that pops out at me is how low your calorie intake is. I know it's easy to think the less you eat the less you'll weigh, but you need to be eating enough to fuel your body! I would say up your protein and your calories!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I agree. Your calories are VERY low.
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well, after looking through your last few days the first thing that pops out at me is how low your calorie intake is. I know it's easy to think the less you eat the less you'll weigh, but you need to be eating enough to fuel your body! I would say up your protein and your calories!

i agree
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I agree, it looks like you aren't eating near enough. If you're not eating much because you feel full eating protein, try increasing your fat intake. Cook with coconut oil or butter, eat avocados, or drink some coconut milk if you don't think you can eat. I think with adequate nourishment you will start to feel better.
  • DonnaLRB
    DonnaLRB Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I agree with the above. Fuel your body!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ditto! Gotta eat more!
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone. I'm really not trying to avoid calories it is just difficult to get them in eating only veggies & meat. It's crazy how full I feel. Been cooking (& baking a bit ) with coconut oil, drinking coconut & almond milk, eating about 1 avocado a day. I'll keep trying to up the calories. My buckwheat groats finally came in the mail today so that should help. Pretty sure I've got low blood sugar. Had a couple black outish dizzy spells while cleaning today. Not sure how to get my blood sugar up without eating sugar which the candida (that is causing me illness) feasts on. Guess I'll just try eating more.

Thanks again!