Super Bowl healthy dips

Options
johnlatv
johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
What are some good healthy dips we can make for the Super Bowl? Or is that going to be a cheat day for everyone?

Replies

• JODDY13
    JODDY13 Posts: 12
    Options
    Probably a cheat day! But four layer taco dip with low fat sour cream, low fat cheese, beans and guacamole is a good choice! Chicken wing dip is a high calories amazing dish that I'm gonna work my butt off all week to splurge on tho :( lol
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't know about healthy dips, but Costco has a 7 layer dip that is PHENOMENAL...but I have my doubts. The nutrition label says no fat, no everything, and very little cals. I mean its got guac, beans, sour cream (but that really does not have any calories) and cheese so...i don't know. head in the sand i guess.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It'll probably be a bit of a cheat day for me, but I'm definitely going to try to cheat within reason lol...I've found a LOT of good recepies on http://www.skinnytaste.com/ ..ive yet to try any of the dips, but everything ive had from there has been great. I'm probably going to go with some Hummus, and also a light mexican dip
  • bubblywine
    bubblywine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'll cheat a bit with dips, I can't resist avacodo, but no chips...celery sticks and radishes instead. Salsa and celery is the default over tortilla chips and salsa.
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    TOTAL cheat day (one healthy dip won't take away the rest of the calroeis I plan to eat!) but I like to make the following as a dip for chips or as a side salad:

Two cans of Black Beans
    Two cans of sweet corn (in the summer I grill a few ears of corn and use that)
    One chopped red pepper
    1/2 chopped red onion (or to taste)
    A bunch of cilantro chopped
    At least one finely chopped jalapeno
    A few shakes of tabasco
    Two chopped avocadoes (optional)
    Tons of fresh lime juice

YUM!
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't really know what the Super Bowl is but this is a really yum, healthy dip:

1 can chickpeas
    4 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tsp vanilla essence
    1 tsp sugar
    2 - 4 tbsp milk depending on the consistency you want the dip to be

Blend everything together in a blender until smooth. Refidgerate then enjoy :)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Chicken wing dip is a high calories amazing dish that I'm gonna work my butt off all week to splurge on tho :( lol

Try this, soooooo good!!

Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

All the flavor of buffalo wings without messy hands! Perfect for your Superbowl Party. I lightened this using
    low fat and fat free ingredients. Adjust the heat to your liking and serve this with celery, chips or crackers.

Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1/2 cup •Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 107.9 • Fat: 4.9 g • Carbs: 5.4 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 10.3 g

Ingredients:
    4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
    1 cup fat free sour cream
    1/2 cup Franks hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
    1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
    1 tsp white wine vinegar
    2 cups (14 oz raw) cooked shredded chicken

Directions:
    Mix the first 5 ingredients together until smooth. Add the chicken and put this in the crock pot on low for 3-4
    hours. Serve warm. Makes 5 1/2 cups.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Seeing recipes for buffalo dip got me thinking that you could probably just mix buffalo/hot sauce into Greek yogurt for a tasty low-calorie dip.
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yum to all

Try using Greek yogurt in place of sour cream etc...
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going to be by myself cuz I live in the middle of nowhere and my hubby is away at a training several states away...but I still think I'm going to make it a cheat day lol
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    For sure a cheat day! I mean, its the supper bowl! ha! But, hummus is a decent dip, serve it with grilled or toasted whole wheat pita chips (make your own) and fresh raw veggies. Pretty satisfying and delish!

1 can (15 1/2 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
    Pinch of ground cumin
    Pinch of ground nutmeg
    1/4 cup tahini (sesame-seed paste)
    1 tablespoon water, plus more as needed
    1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
    Directions

Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy, adding more water as needed to reach the desired consistency. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

* I like to top mine with a little hot chili oil for an extra kick.

Fresh salsa and guacamole are decent choices as well! Have fun everyone!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    im thankfully working a double shift as a nurse that day so i dont have to worry about temptations for super bowl food :)