confused

Options
Okay I'm doing the 1200 calories and then the exercise, which gives me more calories. Then it says if everyday were like today, then u would weight blah blah by a certain day. then it goes on saying that if I dont eat more I wont loose weight. but I'm done eating for the day and I'm not hungry for anything else. Soooooooooooo what do I do, the only thing I'm under is my calories everything else is on target, please any advice?

Replies

• robertmcalaster
    Options
    Everything I have read suggests that if I were in your shoes I would have to snack more. I'm in the same boat some days, as I have to force myself to snack between meals to raise my calorie count.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Don't eat if you r not hungry!!!!!
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Even though it tells you what you would weight based on the deficit in five weeks. It always puts that message on if you have eaten less then 1200 calories. The program suggests you never eat less then 1200 calories.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's entirely your choice - but my suggestion is to eat the cals MFP suggests (including exercise) for a and see how this is working out for you. Make sure you are logging food and exercise as accurately as you can (bearing in mind that all these numbers are estimates!) and see how your weight loss goes after a month or so.
    If you aren't losing weight then you need to change something, but if you can eat a healthy amount of real food and still lose weight - why wouldn't you?

Personally, I'm not a fan of the theory of "only eat when you're hungry, listen to your body".
    "Listening to my body" for 43 years put me in the "obese" BMI category.
    Eating the calories MFP suggested ( including exercise cals) for a year has me sitting comfortably just above "normal" BMI and very happy and healthy at this weight. I make sure that I eat regularly, even if I'm not especially hungry. I don't stuff myself just to reach my calorie goal every day but I do make an effort to be within 100 or so cals either way most days.

I think the intention of the "you'll weight xxx kg in 5 weeks" tool is to point out the effects of eating too much or too little.
    - If you eat over your maintenance calories it will show your weight going up.
    - If you eat way under your calories it will show an unrealistically large (and very unlikely) weight loss.
    - If you eat around what MFP suggests it will show a moderate (and very possible) weight loss.
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    I try to eat back at least half of the calories I earned by exercising. I usually leave about 100 calories. I am losing about 1 lb per week.
  • DarleneBDA
    DarleneBDA Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Olivia ,,, everyone is different... try what you are doing and see how it works. With working out and how much i want to lose my calories i eat a day is 1400... and i have started to lose weight. so this is working for me. I try and workout everyday burning between 250- and 500 calories depending on my day... so as I say... do what works for you.....
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Actually MPF is wrong, you are NOT supposed to eat back all of your calories that you burned while working out. You can eat back some but not all.