New to Site, Need Encouragement!

Options
Hi, I am a busy single mom of two kids... Finally making a concerted effort to get healthy. I have a long way to go and I ALWAYS get discouraged by the snails' pace with which I lose. I try to tell myself that the weight didn't appear overnight, so it will take time... But I'm sure y'all all know how that rationale goes. ;-)

I know the key for me is that I need to really move to see a difference in the scale. I do have a bum knee that slows me down, but I've been told to bike.

Anyway, new friends are always appreciated - especially anyone out there who's been successful!!!

Thanks...

Replies

• crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 31yr old mother of 2 and and 20lbs into a 93lb total goal. I've been dieting since November but on MFP since January. I'm taking the snails pace because I'm committing to a total lifestyle change and not just trying to lose the weight, yet am kind of in a hurry as well since I have my little brother's wedding in May. I'm hoping to be down to a size 14 for the wedding. I haven't worn a 14 since graduating high school and would be thrilled to start my summer like that.
  • jennannec
    Options
    I am a college student and i am ready to turn my fitness around! my body isnt anywhere near where it should be and i would like to be in better shape for next winter so i can snowboard like i have ALWAYS wanted! any tips or advice?!
  • sandragh69
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new also! I am 22 and have 4 months til my wedding. We will be spending a week at the beach for our honeymoon and I am determined to get a nice body for my new husband. I can use all the encouragement i can get! :)
  • jennannec
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding! this is such an exciting time!!! You can do it!!! just stay positive and keep the end goal in sight! what i did to help is i made my own computer background which motivational words and pictures which has already seemed to help! But seriously i dont know what your goal is but as long as you feel beautiful on your wedding day thats all that matters! :] Good Luck!
  • perpetuallyfit
    perpetuallyfit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome aboard. I joined about twenty five days and so i am also fairly new here. Although I am also losing weight rather slowly , I am really enjoying being here and being a part of this wonderful MFP family. For the first time in my life I am confident I would be successful in slimming down no matter how long it takes. I'm loving it because of all my wonderful friends who support and encourage me every day. They are my inspiration. You have come to the right place. Just be patient. You can do it!! :bigsmile:
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just remember that the turtle won the race with the hare! Nice & slow gets it done... Don't give up... 8 just joined MFP 15 days ago and it has helped so much already... I have been fortunate enough to start with a GREAT set of friends and have met some awesome new ones already :-P add me if u like! :glasses:
  • skyeashlee
    skyeashlee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    WELCOME !!! :O)

No time to look back and I wish you all the success in your decision to make healthier changes...!!! :O) :O)
    You stole the words out of my mouth re: it didnt take one night to put it all on and getting frustrated with not seeing results...!!!

Ive been on MFP almost a month now and it is SUPER !!! I started at 82.5/83kg and now down to 79kg !! Thats almost 4kg in less than a month !!!!! I just had my first bad couple of days (eating wise) but back up on top of what im eating etc (i cringe to make my diary look bad hehe!!!) ....

This site is really encouraging with being able to find how how much you'd weigh in 5weeks based on that daily intake, so you always have an idea of where you're at and what you're working towards...
    I have a bad knee as well so try to do whatever I can that works with me and my knee....!!!
    Youll find lots of support here as I have too - and just dont give up !!!! Its not a phase its life changing therefore takes a lifetime !!!!
    Feel free to add me :O)
    xxx skye:drinker:
  • skinnygal12
    Options
    Being a mom can keep you busy! It's not easy, but you can do it! I heard hot yoga helps but you have to attend the classes regularly. I wish you all the best!
  • agriffin81
    agriffin81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people...my name is April...I'm 30 years old....and while I'm not really new to MFP...I'm always seeking out new friends...the more support you have the better, right? This has been a struggle for me too...also going a snails pace.... tracking calories? ugh...I dunno if that's because I'm not totally 100% committed or if I'm just trying to see if it'll work...but I am willing to give it shot since I am tired of the ways things are now...not being able to breathe, aches & pains, and being judged by my weight......please feel free to add me as a friend ....if y'all help me out then I will do the same... :)