Help! I CAN BARELY MOVE!

Options
I have been pretty consistent with getting some type of exercise in for about 3 weeks now. One of my problems is my left knee hurts when i jog or jump on it. This started a few days ago, and everytime I jog or jump, I have pain. Another thing is I started doing 30Day shred 2 days ago (today was day 2) and I am so sore, I can barley walk or move my arms. Should I just keep going, or have a rest day tomorrow? All I can say is OUCH!!!!! Has anyone else had this amount of pain from the second day as opposed to the first? I just figured I would have been in more pain yesterday since it was day one.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you're in that much pain, I'd say take a rest day. Sore muscles & a sore knee are no fun - sounds like you deserve a break. First time I did 30DS I could barely move for 3 days. :tongue:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    The knee pain sounds like an injury. The soreness following an intense workout heals quicker if you keep moving. Injuries do not. I would suggest at the very least resting and icing your knee for a couple of days. If the pain persists, you should see a doctor.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    It sounds like you have runners/jumpers knee. Take a few days off and go from there. If you still have pain, see a doc.

As for muscle soreness, maybe just go for a walk, do some light stretching or yoga, and give yourself a break.
  • lnicole1625
    lnicole1625 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have no clue how I could have injured my knee. I did not do anything too straining, other than C25K. It sucks because it is keeping me from working out. I will definitely go see the doc if it continues.

Thanks again!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I definitely get more pain the second day, so not to fear :) When I've been in your situation, I usually try a low level/low impact workout, like a slow 2k jog, or 5k walk rather than taking a rest day. If i am still sore the following day, I warm up enough to have a good stretch, but otherwise I rest.

I remember I once had sore muscles for four days just after a night of exuberant dancing! Definitely don't let it stop you, though, because it does go away and does get less intense fairly quickly.

Regarding your knee, definitely rest that - you do NOT want to do yourself an injury, because the consequences of that can be too great. Do the parts of your workout that don't use your knee.

30 day shred can wait for an injury. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    How long have you been running/doing the c52k? I keep seeing info & advice stressing that good shoes are very important for running (I'm just starting so have been reading up on others' experiences!).

Hopefully a few days off will help.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Good shoes are very important!

If you did c25k you could have runners knee. It's basically an overuse injury. You may need some time off, a special brace, and to strengthen your leg muscles. See a doctor if it continues!