Been there, lost that - gained it back.

Options
Almost 40 - trying again - lost over 50 pounds at least three times in last 10 years. Last year I lost 40 pounds due to health issues but gained back 20 in 5 months. My highest weight ever was 276 in 2007 and then again in 2010.

Would like to share all the "on the road to healthy me" joys and encouragement with positive people... and get motivated with reality when I need it. I love the food tracker and activity tracker.

SW: 256
GW: 175

Replies

• Giveupgetup
    Options
    I Lost 40 pounds, and gained it right back ! my size 6 jeans dont fit, and now I am up to 11. I know exactly how you feel !
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    Good to meet you, GuGu ! :flowerforyou:
  • m_nicole29
    Options
    I know how you feel too! I lost 41lbs and gained all but 4 lbs of it back! This time I'm taking it off and never looking back ever again! Once I get down to my goal I'm setting a "danger weight" lol that "danger weight: will be the weight that I will NOT let myself exceed.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80 lbs twice in the past and when I began working out a little over a month ago I was at my highest weight ever. I'm 51, but in total denial about my age and my weight, so it pisses me off when I can't do things like I used to.

I have no doubt I'll be able to lose 80 again, but that's only about the half-way mark for me, and this time I'm going to see it through to the end. I love this site. I see how it's possible every day on here, and that kinda gives me a drive and confidence in succeeding I didn't have before.
  • TammyLeeps
    Options
    hi...I think most of us can relate. I have lost the weight in the past and then had things happen in life (like most of us do) and gained it all back. I think I am finally at the point where I just can't live like this one more day. I am tired of being sick and tired, I am tired of hearing myself cry about about wanting to lose weight but not doing anything about it....So, here I am..decided that it might be easier if I have others that can motivate me and maybe I can motivate them as well.
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    Thanks for posting back nicole, kissy and tammy! :smile: I need something outside myself to motivate me --agree - tired of hearing myself whine about it but not doing anything!
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    16464123.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jmuzzio7
    jmuzzio7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi....I am in the same boat. Last year I was so excited to have lost 25 pounds using MFP...only to gain it back. I apparently can not do it on my own...I need MFP and some motivating, supportive friends. I'm looking for people that I can get to know and help keep each other going. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :flowerforyou:
  • mblake82
    Options
    Hi Jiggy,
    I was on MFP updating things when I happened to see the link to your post in the recent posts section.. Normally I don't check out the forum but something told me too when I read the tag. Your story sounds VERY familiar to me. I have a friend from college who threw with me on track (shotput,discus etc). Well he was a big kid then and we needed size (he was just I over 300 Pds and 6'3").. Well needless to say life got to him: college partying, he stopped exercising, got married, they had two kids, continued to eat like a thrower but without the exercise.. Needless to say he got big; he hit 400 Pds.. His heart was working 4x as hard as it was supposed to be, cholesterol was threw the roof (let alone other tests), he had a damaged artery in is foot because of the mass he was carrying around and that didn't help his issue of swollen feet any. It was to the point he had no energy, felt horrible and the doctors basically said if he didn't change within the next few months he was gonna have to go under the knife; they talked stapling the stomach, lipo, possible heart surgery too (if I remember correctly).. He had tried everything he could find: the various diets, herbalife, hyrdroxycut; all with minimal and extremely temporary results.. But thankfully he found a weight management system that's worked wonders for him. He lost 26 pounds the first month and 115 total within 6 months all healthily (I have a degree in kinesiology and I had to make sure everything was done right cause my mind screamed no).. It's a I've a year later since he started and is in the process of losing more weight again.. Something amazing..
    anyway, I appologize for the length of the post but I wanted to encourage you and anyone else that reads this: it can be done, you will do great. You just gotta find the right system that does it the right way and you will have that happier healthier life that you want :) if there is anything I can do to help please feel free to message me.
  • missnonno
    missnonno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Similar story here.. I lost 45 pounds few years ago and then i got transferred.. And i let myself go.. Until i realized i was back to my original weight after 3 years! Now i'm starting again and i know i can do it because i did it before.. Managed to lose 10 pounds already before i found mfp and really use it.. Now i'm monitoring my progress better and hopefully reach my goal in a consistent manner.. And keep it this time around. :)
  • maxime7
    maxime7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know the story! I am nearing 40...lost all the weight (80 lb of it anyway) when I was almost 30...gained, it back...here I am! My highest weight also was in the 270s and now my "sensible" goal is just to get down to 180. I swear I won't whine that it's not enough - I will be HAPPY with 180 and love it! Feel free to add me as a friend - we can keep each other accountable! :smile:
  • x0blacksails0x
    Options
    Well I can relate-sort of! I dieted and exercised and lost weight back in 2008, then gained it all back plus some when my husband came home from deployment. Then I got pregnant and things really got crazy, I gained 60 pounds with my pregnancy and only lost 15 of it after my son was born! My son just turned two, and I'm down to having 20 pounds of the pregnancy weight left. It is hard--but people do it ALL THE TIME! We can and we WILL do this if we try. Remember that the only thing holding you back from being healthy is you! My husband will be home in 4 months, and I WILL be in pre-pregnancy jeans by that time!
  • JennieLynnJenkins
    Options
    I lost 110lbs 12 years ago, kept it off for 2 years and then in the middle of a great college track and field career I had to have shoulder surgery and gained 95 lbs in 6 years, slowly it just came on 5lbs at a time! I have now lost 55lbs and had to go through another shoulder surgery! But instead of feeling sorry for losing out this time, I hit the recumbent bike, and walked in a sling with an incline! I'm finally able to run again and I'm excited to find my fitness pal for the iPad!
  • JennyAnn35
    Options
    I lost 75 pounds before leaving the UK for Alaska, and gained 50 back my first winter here. After that another 50 creeped on leaving me 25 pounds bigger than I was before I lost the weight the first time. That is why it is so important to make real changes in the way we live everyday, because a diet just does not work long term.
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    I know I'm not alone -- but it's good to hear it from everyone. Thank you for taking the time to post here.

Have a great day everybody !

If anyone wants to, add me as a friend. :bigsmile:
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi there! Unfortunately, it seems that lots of us share this story! The great news is, we're all here together, and we can all get healthy together!

If you want to add me as a friend, you're welcome to!
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    Options
    finally some one to relate to! I am so frustrated!
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i lost 80lb then had my twins 6.5 years ago, became a SAHM and piled it all (and more) back on :(
    i want to lose 100lb and have shed 40 so far :-)
    good luck!
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    I am making some modifications this week and I'm easing into the tracking thing. I feel better already knowing I have to be accountable for myself to myself. Again, thanks for support!