Anyone done/doing the Advocare line?

Options
Just curious as to if anyone has done the Advocare nutrition line.

I just started the Advocare 24 day challenge. I'm loving it so far. My energy feels great, my body feels great, and although I haven't weighed yet, I can feel the results and I'm only 5 days in.

If you have done it...what do you like? dislike? results?

Just looking to see if this is something I should continue to add to my health plan after the 24 day challenge! Thanks!!!

Kim

Replies

• kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've done the 10 day cleanse 4 times. I have never done the whole 24 days. However, the first 10 days can be a great jumstart to weight loss and it really set me on the track to success with healthy eating. The first time I did the cleanse I lost 9 lbs in 10 days. I love the spark for the mental focus and energy it gives me. I still use the spark most days for an afternoon pick me up!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    We sell advocare at the gym that I work at......it is so expensive and a pyramid thing. I really think it's a rip off.
  • mewdds
    mewdds Posts: 22
    Options
    I use several of the products. I LOVE the chocolate snack bars! 10 gm protein in what tastes like a candy bar. If I don't have time to make breakfast or lunch, I will use the meal replacements shakes. They don't seem to keep me as full as a true meal, but do a surprisingly good job. The chocolate with 2Tbsp of PB2 is awesome!

One of my biggest challenges was recovery. I want to be able to do daily exercise, but my body was really struggling to keep up and my stamina was going down. I tried night time recovery and it didn't work for me, but the biotools has been AWESOME! I've been using that for about 6-8 weeks and it has made a big difference.

I also use the catalyst before workouts (when I remember) and thermoplus(?) on occasion. I have used the MNS packs in the past. My lifestyle just didn't jive with all the pill taking and I was constantly missing doses or packs, so I don't bother with that anymore. I have been consistently losing weight every week (34lbs), but I do a pretty good job sticking to healthy food choices and almost daily exercise. Does Advocare have something to do with that? I can't tell you for sure whether it's the combination of Advocare with my hard work or just my hard work.

Another product that I love is the Sleep Works! I only use it on occasion, but when I need it, it ROCKS!

Hope that helps!
  • kd101783
    kd101783 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it's both! I've been going pretty good at the eating healthy and exercising (for the most part) about 4 months now. I just needed something to reboost me, so I had heard great things about the product so I figured I'd give it a try. I've heard a lot about taking the Catalyst once I finish this program. It can get a little expensive, but good health is worth it! Thanks for your input!
  • kd101783
    kd101783 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Spark drinks! They are a wonderful pick me up!
  • stephmeling
    Options
    I haven't tried the 24 day challenge, but I LOVE AdvoCare. I recently signed up as a distributor for the discount lol, after a week trial kit my aunt gave me. I did a week supply of the Spark, Meal Replacement Shakes and Catalyst and my results were great :) I agree completly about the Spark! I love it!! I always keep at least one canister in my house and one box of the packets!
  • ammiehill79
    ammiehill79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My husband, my mom, my best friend and I all are currently doing the 24 day Challenge. Its awesome! I have lost almost 7 lbs and 2 clothes sizes and I still have 1 week left. I am a huge fan, so much so that my husband and I decided to become advisors. The products are more expensive than what you could by at a chain store, but they are high quality products backed by doctors and athletes. We are BIG fans!!!

Hope this helps!
  • ammiehill79
    ammiehill79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You have to do the Challenge! Its so amazing. My body felt great after the cleanse and I am almost done with the max phase and my energy level is incredible. I am also a big fan of Catalyst!
  • class_074_life
    class_074_life Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey....... So I just started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I'm on day 4, but I have been having some abdomen pains lately. Has anyone else experience these symptoms before.
  • malibukaty11
    malibukaty11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Class is it bloating? A lot of people experience bloating the first few days from what I have read. Make sure that you really are drinking your gallon of water that will help a lot. I have also read that you can bump your Omega plex to 3 and that will help. You just introduced a ton of fiber in your diet so the first few days might be bloaty but it does get better. I am on day 7 and feel great! GL!
  • lillsmitty
    Options
    I did the 24 day challenge and lost 2 pounds, I do like the shakes, as I travel for work, and I just take a shake in the car and have that for my lunch instead of eating fast food. I guess I am not 100% sold on Advocare.
  • denisechatt
    Options
    I agree that Advocare is a rip off...
  • crausinrn
    Options
    I started advocare a week ago Monday and I've lost 14.5 pounds so I'm a believer. I love the products and I feel great! My boyfriends brother lost 27 lbs in 24 days and then lost 12 more and 2 pants sizes and has kept it off since June. I am a picky eater so I used advocare as an opportunity to teach myself to eat healthier so far so good. My boyfriend and my best friend are doing the 24 day challenge as well with great results. I do not sell advocare althought if I continue to use the products I might in the future to save myself money. I have been very strict with the diet and I eat about 6 servings of fruit a day but hey it's been worth it for me. I had lost 30 lbs before starting advocare since september and I wasn't expecting results this good but I'm not complaning. I'm estactic. Let me know if I can help you in any way or it you have any questions.
  • crausinrn
    Options
    STUCK STUCK STUCK! I am on day 17 and I haven't lost any weight since I started phase 2!!!! I lost 16 on the 10 days I'm taking the pills and following the diet very strict and exercising I'm getting very discouraged:( I haven't measured inches since day 10 but I don't feel like i have lost either........ANY ADVICE or Suggestions?
  • Tanya_IP
    Tanya_IP Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Im on day 14 for the second time...i did this 2 years ago and lost 20 pounds! SO far i have lost 6...my appetite is gone so its really hard to get my calories in. But i love the products. I buy mine on ebay...so much cheaper!
  • BOaks105
    BOaks105 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thinking about starting the advocare 24 day challenge but i don't eat vegetables. do you know if it will work if i substitute the 1 cup of vegetables for another cup of fruits?
  • hatchwife
    hatchwife Posts: 14
    Options
    thinking about starting the advocare 24 day challenge but i don't eat vegetables. do you know if it will work if i substitute the 1 cup of vegetables for another cup of fruits?

That is my concern as well. I am not a huge vegetable person at all.
  • M12W
    M12W Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been on Advocare since February 27th. Down 24 lbs, and 20 and a half inches. I don't eat alot of veggies, some, not much. There is nothing that I know of that says you HAVE to eat veggies. If you follow the diet at least 80%, you WILL lose weight. I have read other stories on here where people have said they gained weight. If they gained, they didn't do something right. If they didn't go to the bathroom, they couldn't have been drinking enough water. If effects everyone differently but you will see results. I was diagonosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, taking meds, etc. I started Advocare and ALL symptoms went completely away. I went for a second opinion and the doctor congratulated me for doing Advocare and said it looked as if I healed myself. I still eat very little bread and dairy. The days I eat those things, I hurt. It's crazy!!!! After I finished the 24 Day Challenge, I stayed and still am on the MNS3. I love Advocare and I will tell anyone, if I can give up bread and dairy, anyone can!!!! You can request me and put Advocare in topic box and look at my food journals. Most of the time I try to be pretty good. LOL! I have learned that oranges make all things better!!! Especially tuna. lol!
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started taking advocare on Jan 1st. I didn't see alot of weight loss at first but inches were melting off. So far I have lost 15in from my waist and hips area and lost 28lbs total. Looking back at pictures I can't believe how bloated I looked! I too signed up to be a distributor for the easy discount and i believe in the product. Its good nutrition for your body and I could definitely tell a huge difference after taking it!
  • jeby8
    jeby8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you guys a quick heads up...I found a forum that was created specifically for Advocare...

http://www.advocarecommunity.net

It's got all the printables and it looks pretty new but I think it's a great opportunity for all MFP'ers and anyone wanting to talk specfically about Advocare to get involved in. I had to browse through about 10-15 different Advocare sites just to get a comprehensive look at what I was supposed to eat, tips on how to make it through the cleanse etc. I think it will be nice to have a community of Advocare supporters!