starting a new membership at a gym and need workout advice.

Options
hey all!! i am starting a new membership at an actual gym and need some advice on what my workouts should consist of. Normally when im at home because i dont have any weights or anything i mostly run and do sit ups and push ups. but i am looking at doing a little more strength training but also more cardio as well. any sugestions on what would make a good workout at the gym? any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks all!!:smile::wink: :happy: :bigsmile:

Replies

• missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I like to get to the gym 3-4 days a week. And on off days that I can't motivate myself to go to the gym I do pushups, situps, squats, lunges, and dips at home.

"Arm day" I like to set up an bicep, tricep, lat, shoulder, ab, upper back routine on the weight machines as well as floor exercises to strengthen abs and back. After all the weights I get in as much cardio as feels comfortable that day 20-40 minutes elliptical and end it off with 20 minutes of stretching/yoga.

"Leg day" I like to set up leg, ab, low back, cardio routine on the weight machines as well as floor exercises to strengthen back, abs, and legs (squats, lunges, and various ab exercises). After all the weights I get in as much cardio as feels comfortable that day 15-40 minutes elliptical, bike, and stair master and end it off with 20 minutes of stretching/yoga.

Hope this gives you some ideas. :)
  • tcrawford112
    Options
    thanks for the advice! that helps alot!