Lost 100lbs and have 200lbs more to go!

Options
Greetings from Huntsville, Alabama!!! Home of the NASA Space and Rocket Center and Training Facility, and Redstone Arsenal!!! Yessiree, I'm a southern gal, so you can expect me to say "Hey Y'all!" and "Hun" and "Darlin'" and all that good stuff. LOL :)

I'm Carey, and my husband Blake and I are both on a journey of self-improvement. Our goals are to lose weight in a safe and natural way with good eating and appropriate exercise, and to get fit and in shape! Looking for weight loss friends from near and far! Whether you have a little to lose or a lot, we're all in this together!

I am interested in hearing from people who are in the process of losing 100lbs+ or have already had success on doing so! I could use all the advice I can get! I have Type II Diabetes, and I am hoping to get it under control with weight loss and good eating habits.

Thanks for taking the time to read my little tale, and I hope to make acquaintances soon!

Replies

• Slyndsey09
    Slyndsey09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wahoo to go a 100lbs is AMAZING!!! =)
  • connie9860
    Options
    Hi there
    I don't have over 100 pounds to loose but I just wanted to say congrats on what you have done so far!
    I just joined today. Have lost 45 lbs before. Ran my first marathon soon after but now I'm 15 pounds up and need to get back on track.
    Keep your thought positive!!!

Connie
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have 196 pounds to go! I've lost 26 so far.
    Congrats on 100 pounds. I wish I had pointers... I don't though. I'm just eating healthier and excercising. Everything in moderation stand on it.
    I could use pointers from you on your success though! :D
  • finest39
    finest39 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!!! I am inspired!!!!
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Very well done!

I"m on a 100 lb mission myself. I don't claim to know alot about weight loss or fitness, but I'm always open to new friends, and look forward to sharing this journey with you! :)
  • alabamaangyl
    Options
    Most of the first hundred pounds came off when I was first diagnosed as diabetic a couple of years ago. I was put on metformin, and for awhile I got really sick from it and couldn't eat anything but soup. I could eat as much soup as I wanted, but that was about it. Lots of water and soup. Finally, my body got used to the metformin, and I could eat more than soup, and my weight loss stuttered, so I floated around awhile until my friend told me about this place. I just love the itouch app! I've already cut my calorie consumption in half! :)
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I used to be 330 4 years ago and today I am 266! =D

my goal is to get to about 140. So 126 lbs left for me to go!
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Awesome job losing that first hundred! As of this morning I am down 20 (19 recorded, I don't have a weigh in until Friday, but I peeked) and have 100-130 more to go. I'm still working on healthy eating, it's a lot to learn after spending years eating nothing but awful 'food'. I'll send an invite, maybe we can learn from each other along the way :)
  • ivanaaaaaaaaa
    Options
    welcome and congratulations on your amazing weight loss, neighbor! i've been in birmingham for a bit over 10 years now but still haven't had enough of this wonderful southern hospitality. so.. i look forward to seeing your progress as you continue on your journey and seeing a whole lot of y'all, hun, darlin, etc in posts. :wink:
  • Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats on loosing 100 lbs, however you did it!

I'm working on loosing 100 this year, and 138 total, to go from 363 to 225. I've got 28 down and 110 to go!

I'm doing a Primal low carb diet, working out and I quit smoking, drinking, soda, caffeine, and aspertaine all at the same time, all cold turkey!

Wish me luck!
    Cheers!
  • Jimgagnon
    Options
    Good Work on your loss. I have just started on this site and I have 150 pounds to lose. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I want to lose the weight to be healthy and have more energy. My starting weight is 322 and I have lost 7 pounds. I hope I can take your example. Wish me luck

Jim