hardee's hamburger

Options
joann
joann Posts: 624 Member
Okay this may sound dumb but I am really feeling quilty. I have been eating so healthy since Nov. and this week we are going back to new york (now in tn). They do not have hardee's in ny. So tonight for a treat for both my husband and I we are going to have a hardee's hamburger...It is atleast 810 calories just for the hamburger:sad: I know I will not eat all the fries....but I do feel really quilty about eating so many calories. I have been good all day but still I will be well over...I guess since I didnt cheat at all easter I shouldnt feel to bad.....:sad: I should feel its a good thing I feel quilty other wise I do it all the time :laugh: I just had to see what others think about this...JoAnn

Replies

• joann
    Options
    Okay this may sound dumb but I am really feeling quilty. I have been eating so healthy since Nov. and this week we are going back to new york (now in tn). They do not have hardee's in ny. So tonight for a treat for both my husband and I we are going to have a hardee's hamburger...It is atleast 810 calories just for the hamburger:sad: I know I will not eat all the fries....but I do feel really quilty about eating so many calories. I have been good all day but still I will be well over...I guess since I didnt cheat at all easter I shouldnt feel to bad.....:sad: I should feel its a good thing I feel quilty other wise I do it all the time :laugh: I just had to see what others think about this...JoAnn
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hey there,

well if its something you really want....and only you know this....then I'd go for it....one big meal, even if it goes over your cals etc...is not going to kill your hard work....it does sound like you're struggling w/ it though and that I feel bad about!!!

Maybe what you could do if the guilt thing is too much for you...have half a burger and a nice big salad if they have though and just a few fries...that way you get the best of all....a nice amount of fries, a good salad to fill you and a good amount of the burger you love....

if that's too much to do...then go for it and you know you'll make up for it....its just one day!!! I'm rooting for ya whatever you choose!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • mikmarty1
    Options
    Enjoying something every now and again as long as it is not all the time that you love is ok as long as you are living a healthy life style. You are still on the right track. Good Luck!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yes, enjoy things you love now and then. This is all part of learning to have that healthy relationship with food. No food should be off limits we just have to learn to have those higher calorie items in moderation.

Enjoy the burger and don't feel guilty. You can even work out a little more on the days around eating it to make up those calories.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Rather than eating the big burger, what about getting a smaller one and treating yourself to a small ice cream as a reward for making the better choice? You still come out with less calories and WAY less fat!! But I wouldn't feel guilty no matter what choice you make. Sometimes we just want the fatty goodness of a big burger! :laugh: And as long as it is a rare occurance I don't see the harm. As for fries... I would order a side salad and then steal some fries from my hubby if I really wanted some. He would start to get grumpy if I took to many, so that would keep me from eating to many!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Have fun and have a safe drive.

(according to www.thedailyplate.com)
    Hamburger (Hardee's)
    Serving Size: 1 sandwich / 110g; Calories: 270, Total Fat: 11g, Carbs: 29g, Protein: 14g

Cheeseburger (Hardee's)
    Serving Size: 1 sandwich / 123g; Calories: 310, Total Fat: 14g, Carbs: 30g, Protein: 16g

Six Dollar Burger (Hardee's)
    Serving Size: 1 burger / 353g; Calories: 911, Total Fat: 61g, Carbs: 50g, Protein: 41g

Ice Cream Cone - twist (Hardee's)
    Serving Size: 118g; Calories: 180, Total Fat: 2g, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 4g
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Are you just having a hamburger? That looks to be only 270 calories (per this site: http://www.shapefit.com/hardees.html) Maybe just a hamburger and small order of fries (340) and you can keep your cals around 600. You can also save cals by taking off half the bun. :)

Maybe you should try to get in a workout before you go? Then you can be a little more guilt free?!?!

I do think it's okay to treat yourself every once in a while, but at the same time, rationalizing eating unhealthy isn't a good habit to get into either.

I would say you're fine. You're choosing a low cal option (hamburger vs cheeseburger) and it's not as if you're planning to do this every week, so don't beat yourself up.

Drink lots of water to combat the extra sodium intake as well!!! :)
  • joann
    Options
    thanks everyone..I think I will skip the bun and fries...eat a couple of my hubby's. I will let him eat more. I have lost 35 and he has lost 50...:laugh:
    I actually calculated my calories so far today and its a little over 350 so Im just gonna eat it and enjoy...thanks again everyone...
    this is why I love mfp
  • lesliemassage
    Options
    You could always go for a walk after you eat. :wink:
  • joann
    Options
    gotta share this.....I had my hamburger last night...only ate half of the bun and only about 6 fries...took a nice walk afterwards and your not gonna believe this I weighed myself this a.m and I lost 1.5 pounds . That makes 36 pounds total so far...I have to also say since I have been eating really healthy food the hamburger did not taste as great as I remembered...the french fries though were delicious....thanks everyone for all the support...joann
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    gotta share this.....I had my hamburger last night...only ate half of the bun and only about 6 fries...took a nice walk afterwards and your not gonna believe this I weighed myself this a.m and I lost 1.5 pounds . That makes 36 pounds total so far...I have to also say since I have been eating really healthy food the hamburger did not taste as great as I remembered...the french fries though were delicious....thanks everyone for all the support...joann

Great Job! :flowerforyou: You are getting the lifestyle down!

I did the same thing with a Red Robin burger about a month ago, but I wasn't as good as you I ate the whole thing, and just like you I found I reallyd idn't like it as much as I used to.

Part of me is glad I went and had it though because now I don't crave them anymore. :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    lmbo! how cool is that! yes once you start to eat right for a while your body and taste buds don't take kindly to crap! lol....but ah....fries are always good LOL....that's just the way it is!
    love that you made a decission that worked for you!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    That is a good suggestion, eat the burger, try to eat only a portion of the bun and steal your hubbies fries...