SureSlim, DrB Diet, UWeightLoss???

Options
Has anyone tried any of these and had good results? What did you like, not like? Did you see good results?

Any info you'd like to share?

I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant, and once the baby is born I need to lose well over 100lbs so I'm curious about how these places work

Replies

• marykeblom
    Options
    I'm on Sureslim, been on it for 16 days. I'm losing like crazy and i'm not depriving myself. It's strict but you know what? So is life and if you want to lose weight you need to get your head into gear. If there's anything you would like to know about the diet let me know i'll help where i can :)
  • rd14980
    Options
    i did sureslim and lost about 25 kgs. but once i started to eat normally again put it all back on and then some..

in my opinion the only sustainable way is to exercise, eat sensably and not to lose it too fast..

but thats just my opionion.
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree with rd14980. If you have +100 pounds to lose, you want to do it in a healthy, sustainable way. You want your loss to be slow but consistent. All those meal replacements don't teach you how to be healthy. Also if you lose weight too fast, you aren't giving your body, in particular, your skin time to keep up. Use MFP, an amazing tool, watch your calories, exercise and change your life for the better.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I agree with rd14980. If you have +100 pounds to lose, you want to do it in a healthy, sustainable way. You want your loss to be slow but consistent. All those meal replacements don't teach you how to be healthy. Also if you lose weight too fast, you aren't giving your body, in particular, your skin time to keep up. Use MFP, an amazing tool, watch your calories, exercise and change your life for the better.
    I agree, a friend of mine used something similar and lost a ton of weight FAST, now she's dealing with excess skin hanging and her cycle is all out of wack-due to her rapid weightless as per her family doc. Just remember, slow and steady wins the race in the long run
  • jmaffett
    Options
    A friend did Dr. B (the Bernstein Diet) about 4 years ago. She lost 45+ pounds and has kept it off (within about 5 pounds) ever since. It is VERY strict. She weighed in twice a week and had her urine and blood tested every week so they KNEW if she cheated on the diet. She didn't eat out or go to parties for about 6 months, but now she looks fantastic. She's 5'10" and weighs about 140. Whenever she gains back she goes in for a month or so of maintenance.

It is VERY expensive - about $1000 a month. She spent a total of about $8000 to lose 45 pounds. For her, it was worth it, but it is a huge commitment and you have to live in a city with Dr. B's clinics.
  • bernicem77
    bernicem77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You're a little off on your prices. The cost is $1200 for 8 weeks. Because it is medically supervised, you can write it off on your taxes as a medical expense. If you are self employed you can get a Health Spending Account and pay for it that way. I have heard that some insurance companies will pay for it, but most people pay for it with their Health Spending Account.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I did SureSlim. lost 20kg and put it back on. The only good thing I got out of it is the discovery of Mountain Bread. That stuff is awesome.

They give you the same foods but take a couple out so it's 'personalised' They put you on the minimum calories and only let you eat three times a day. It's torture for a lot of people and has no science behind it whatsoever.