Your Favourite Guilt Free Snacks?

Options
Good Morning All,

Just curious to know, as I am starting out, what everyone's favourite go-to low calorie / fat / guilt free snacks are?

I'm looking for inspiration to fill those gaps where you want to reach for something but don't want to make a bad choice.

My recent discovered favourite is Kallo Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Rice Cakes (30 calories) lightly spread with Peanut Butter.

What are yours?

(Apologies if this is a do over, I'm new here) :-)

Replies

• Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    This might sound weird, but cumcumber slices and cottage cheese is my new favorite thing. I usually eat that on break at work.

And Fiber One Brownies (only 90 cal). They are absolutely delicious. And it has something like 5g of Fiber in it. But you'd never know.
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    watermelon cubes, grapes, baby cucumber etc. if its grapes, i grab only like 50 gms, watermelon and cucumber 100 gms
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Banana + 1 1/2 cup of vanilla frozen yogurt + 1/2 cup of skim milk + 2 tbls natural pb = best milkshake ever.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots (35) with a Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (35). Yummmm.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    grapes.
    green grapes.
    its like im eating candy .. & they are pretty low cal .
    gonna try freezing them ... since people recommend this technique a lot
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    oh & string cheese.
    pulling it apart takes longer to eat ..
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I buy the Source brand individual dessert yogurts- and freeze them! 35 calories and its just like ice cream. You can do low cal pudding in the freezer too. My life saver.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Carrots and hummus! Or grapefruit.. yummy!!
  • laurieh92
    laurieh92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My strategy: Make the calories you do eat count for a lot more enjoyment. Slow down and appreciate the snack you're having to get the most out of it. e.g. If it's a navel orange: Make sure (if you can) that it's a good one -- buy from a farmer's market or other great source. Then open it slowly, appreciate this amazing natural object with all its gorgeous color, nutrition, and taste. This can work with any snack!

I got another perspective on this recently when my daughter went through an awful stomach virus and couldn't even think of eating anything besides ice chips! What a gift our sense of taste is, but we (Americans) wolf down most food as if it's mainly about "fuel and get on to the next thing."
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    My local supermarket has rice wafers in salt and vinegar flavouring and they are only 31 cals and quite a decent size round. I only tried them because they are on special (short dated, but really they are not going to go off overnight), and are about 1/3 the normal price. I've just been back and stocked up, because they are a perfect alternative to a packet of salt and vinegar crisps for me. I had two for lunch with 1/2 avocado and sliced tomato and they are yum for that as well!
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Ruby grapefruit segments/few strawberries and low fat greek style yoghurt is one of my fav's. Need to stock up. Strawberries are in the shops here now and although I hate buying non-seasonal things normally, this is one snack I need to get back to eating in the aft.

Ryvita with sweet chilli cream cheese is another fav. sugar free jelly also.
  • vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ryvita with low fat peanut butter
  • Katgan
    Katgan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Crasins - i measure out 1/3 cup into snack bags and bring them to work

almond butter on apple slices - almond butter is much better for you than peanut butter healthier oil

walnuts and high quality cheese - i alternate between eating a walnut and a nibble of cheese - about 5 walnuts and 1/2 oz cheese is good for me

greek yogurt
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Baked Kettle Chips! YUMMMMMYYYY
    I found them just a week before I started a "no junk food" Challenge So I've stayed away but they are fantastic!
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just discovered a LOVE for light Soya milk tastes like a milkshake but only 60 cals in a small glass. Really hits the spot!!!