biggest lifestyle change?

Options
What has been your biggest challenge/change you have had to make in your new lifestyle? Mine has to be simply eating something for breakfast EVERY morning. Haven't been a breakfast person EVER. I thought the daily exercise would win breakfast is toughest. How about you?:smile:

Replies

• inkleberry75
    Options
    I am a sugar fiend, So giving up on sugar and starch.....big change.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Drinking water. I used to exist soley on Pepsi Max (not exagarating here, I'd only drink water if exercising) I switched to drinking 2.4L a day and cutting way down on Pepsi Max. It was SOOOO hard but I stuck with it. I still don't love it but I notice a difference when I don't drink it. Up to 3L a day now!
  • Hoosier_born
    Options
    Getting my ar$e off the couch and getting moving, I have been very active since I moved into my new house six months ago.
    Could never climb hills, now I can do easily 8km.
    Hated weeding, did 7 hours today without a break.
    Lethargy- it's starting to go, finally
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My biggest change is alcohol consumption and eating that huge meal right before bedtime.
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    Eating breakfast too......I'm just not much of a breakfast person, except on weekends--so I force myself to eat something. Also giving up ice cream (for the most part). Every once in a while I will still indulge, but it's rare. I miss ice cream.
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    Getting my ar$e off the couch and getting moving, I have been very active since I moved into my new house six months ago.
    Could never climb hills, now I can do easily 8km.
    Hated weeding, did 7 hours today without a break.
    Lethargy- it's starting to go, finally

I cannot WAIT for it to get warm enough out to do yardwork again!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    For me it's been learning to eat more calories everyday (which has basically eliminated cravings for sugar)
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Snacking! Was so tough to give up and just eat meals. I am such a snacker!
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking this past January 1st. Not gona lie I've cheated 3 times since, on the weekends. The hardest part is not going out for smoke breaks with the guys at work. Its tough, but I'm determined the kick the bad habbit this year, the cold weather is definitely helping! :)
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Getting out of bed 2 hours earlier (4am) to go to the gym before work
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Logging every single thing I eat.....
  • NickBanford
    Options
    Logging everything, eating breakfast, eating things that I didn't like before but are good for me (now liking them). Also actually walking places and doing exercise. Not getting takeaway at every opportunity!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Having a healthy lifestyle is mostly about making small changes to me. For instance, instead of having spaghetti and meatballs, skip the pasta and have a nice side salad, park further away from the store, stop drinking sugary carbonated drinks. All those little changes become normal over time if you do them enough. It all adds up to the "Big change".

I have had several challenges though. I think getting used to counting my calories and being accountable for them was the first big hurtle.The next one was increasing exercise. The first month I would go tot he go to the gym 2-4 days a week and I was in pain for a month or 2. I am now up to 6 days and I have to push hard to get any kind of muscle stiffness. Its just a normal part of my routine and I can imagine life without going.

I still struggle with my sugar consumption and overeating sometimes. That is what i struggle with the most and has not gone away...at all. LOL
  • kirkharrison
    Options
    swapped the car for a bicycle, get up an hour earlier to go to the gym, eating breakfast each morning

i feel like a new person!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Giving up beer.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Reducing the amount of sugar I consumed along with eating desserts everyday. Now it is once in a while
  • WhiteheadAM
    WhiteheadAM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for You!!,,,,,
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Giving up eating bread daily. I do have a piece now and then. UGGGGGGGGG. I love it.
  • crughp
    crughp Posts: 17
    Options
    The initial changes I made were easy. I gave up sodas for diet sodas, which was not a huge challenge. I started to exercise, which was easy because I started with a co-worker, so we would encourage and help each other. I think the hardest change I have done to date, was giving up smoking (which was not diet related really).

The hardest part about the cold turkey quitting, was not being able to supliment with foods I like to keep myself distracted. I have been 2 weeks without now, and have balanced my diet back down to where it was before I quit in that amount of time.
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    Alcohol. For sure. Not that i was ever a super-heavy drinker, but I loved going out for beers/cocktails on the weekend and it's amazing how that led to terrible food choices! Now I save up calories for a glass or two of wine or a beer every once in a while. It was tough at first, but I feel so much healthier!