What workout should I do?

Options
I just finished 4 weeks of Turbo Jam where I lost 6lbs. I am thinking maybe it is time to move on to a different full time workout, although I absolutely love the Turbo Jam. Workouts I have: Jillian Michaels 30DS and Ripped in 30 (Both of which I have tried a few times and do not think I am quite ready for), Slim in 6 (Which I have also done before and had to quit after 3 weeks because of the horrendous amount of squats and lunges that really bothered my knees) , Wii Zumba, Wii Fit Plus & Wii JM Fitness Ultimatum 2009. I do not have the money right now to buy anything else. I just don't know what I want to do. None of the Wii games/workouts are...upbeat enough for me? I like the high impact, kickboxing style of the Turbo Jam. I do believe I will by the JM Kickboxing that is coming out in March. Just need something to tide me by until then. Any ideas, suggestions?

Replies

• zesss
    zesss Posts: 36
    Options
    Bite the bullet and do Ripped in 30 or Shred! They sound amazing - I'd love to have copies of both. They're supposed to kick your *kitten* - you just have to struggle through!
  • Cat_296
    Cat_296 Posts: 40
    Options
    Whenever I'm looking for something new I usually have a look at stuff on YouTube - if you like kickboxing stuff, then try looking up Billy Blanks Tae Bo. I haven't looked, but there are likely to be other kickboxing vids on there that can keep you going while you decide on your next challenge!

Personally I'm not keen on 30DS as I prefer more aerobic moves rather than the full on body conditioning, so my personal preference is Insanity (at the moment), but that has the big downside of cost......
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Make flash cards with all the workouts you have and each day pull a card from the stack and do that workout. I think that will be fun to do! Something new every day.
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    P90. It costs money but if you look on youtube you can gather a few videos and get the schedule of the internet and it works just as good
  • vtgirl77
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of Turbo Fire, again you have to bite the bullet, but you will forever have it at your disposal to do over and over, or when you need to switch things up again...
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Most of the beachbody programs have a dvd on amazon. You could order just one dvd like Turbo Fire get a greatest HIITs workout, there's a 20 minute Insanity workout. Hip Hop Abs is another option. Just do whatever keeps you motivated.
  • mczwright
    Options
    I do Billy Banks Tae Bo and about 20 minutes of it can really kick your butt. It's so fun though!
  • mrshmiller9
    Options
    Try 30DS, make a comittment to it- it took me a full week before I could get through all of level 1 and last week I completed the full 30 days. Do it modified and maybe in sections at first. It's a great stepping stone to other workouts. I'm now doing p90x - borrowed from a friend- and I never thought I'd be able to do it.
    Keep turbojam because it's a great add on cardio program I don't know if you have fatblaster: it's 30 min and awesome :-)
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    30DS is a great workout and you can even be a beginner and start it (which I've done several times.) My only thing with the 30DS is that I eventually get bored with doing it every day. So this time I'm switching it up and doing it MWF and doing a different Jillian video on Tuesday and Thursdays.

I like what one poster said about drawing a new workout every day - that mixes it up and keeps it from being boring and your body will constantly be doing something different.

You may still want to include a day or two of Turbo Jam a week if you really like it - just to mix it up a bit.