Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    DFW Area here!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Arlington here, but relocating south to Granbury in June. BBQ and Tex-Mex...you're right, they are the devil that woos me with their siren's song!
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    DFW here !! Welcome. I'm with you, the tex mex is a killer for me. :laugh:
  • JondaC
    JondaC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas (Houston area).
    Tamales are my downfall!
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Fort Worth here and I heart tex mex food! It's my white whale if you will.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Is north Louisiana close enough? Cajun food is killer! luckily I am able to skinny down some of my cajun favs. I need more MFP friends so anyone feel free to add me!

I've got the double dose... I'm a Louisianian now living in Texas. Learning to skinny down some of our faves is the best way to stay happy AND healthy.
  • rebecca_chess
    rebecca_chess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    North Texas (around Denton) here!!!! I'm right there with ya.....the steaks at Parker Bros Trail Dust have been calling my name since I joined MFP and let's not even get into missing the Tex Mex!!!!!! :sad:
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in El Paso, TX. I now live in CO but find the desire for Tex-Mex ,on the border foods, and carne asadas/bbq cookouts heavily. Still looking for ways to enjoy these meals while becoming fit. If you have good recipes that will work for me.. please feel free to message me or add me!
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Arlington here, but relocating south to Granbury in June. BBQ and Tex-Mex...you're right, they are the devil that woos me with their siren's song!

Im from Granbury but live in Corpus now.....its a great place to live.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kyle, Texas. That's about a half hour south of Austin, 12 miles north of San Marcos.

And 15 minutes away from the "Salt Lick" in Driftwood, TX, a famous bbq place.

I only eat bbq and TexMex as an occasional indulgence now.
  • Whitemike55
    Whitemike55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Houston, TX here...

With all the BBQ, Mexican, chinese buffets, fast food, it's a tough place to lose weight. Me and a friend of mine are starting today! No more Pappacitios, Red River BBQ, Hunan Chinese, Saltgrass, Landrys, McDonalds, Dairy Queen for me...

Tough part is cutting down on beers on the weekend. But without football it shouldn't be that hard.

Feel free to add. I'm starting a bootcamp and will track my progress over next 6 weeks.
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Kemah, Texas...which is between Houston and Galveston. Yes, I know all too well about Tex Mex and real Mex....cajun food and bbq too. lol. Welcome!
  • Kona54
    Kona54 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    From North Texas..