30 lbs to lose - will do it this time!

Options
Hello - i've been using this site since January 7th. I've been trying to lose the same 30lbs the last 5 years, so far I'm down 7lbs..determined to succeed this time!!

Replies

• fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Hi, it sounds like you and I are in the same boat - good luck to both od us :smile:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    YES! YES! YES!

I started this journey in March of 2011 and now I am 1lb away from my goal! It's taken almost a year but I've done it pretty healthy and have made a lot of lifestyle changes.

Welcome...You've got this

:)
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK! :)
  • cpigney
    Options
    :bigsmile: Go for it!! You can do it :)
  • chekout44
    Options
    You've got a great start! Stay motivated!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all!
  • cpigney
    Options
    :smile: Congratulations!! This is the news I need to hear!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    good luck - you can do it!!!
    took me 6 months, but i lost 30! :smile:
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am down 7lbs as well...I have been needing to lose 50+ lbs for almost 2 years now and I am determined to keep going until I reach my goal. In the mean time I have been making little mini goals each week and last week was the first week I didn't reach it. Ugh...But you can feel free to add me if you would like! The more friends the merrier!
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, Stay Motivated, Track everything, Drink lots of water and Workout!!! When in doubt... get on MFP.. everyone is so helpful and motivating. Together we can do this!!!! :)
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    best of luck!
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    excellent!! i want to lose 30lbs and i've lost 7 so far too!! add me if u like =D
  • saraht23
    Options
    Me too! I've been using MFP every day for 26 days. Already lost 4 lbs. I'd like to lose the entire 30 lbs by June. Would love to have some support/advice - feel free to add me. :)
  • cherridawnn
    Options
    I have about 30 lbs to go also....Lost 3. Add me if you like.
  • SigKim
    SigKim Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow...you sound exactly like me! I just lost 7.3 this past week. I don't feel or look it so I'll just trust the scale for now. I hope to se some results soon or I'll get "unmotivated" quick.
  • sica51
    sica51 Posts: 1
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds 3 years ago and I have had about 15 creep back up. I started MFP last week and its really a help.
    what gets me through is a small mantra... nothing tastes as good as thin feels! any time I get tempted to eat something I shouldnt I repeat this to myself. It really helps! keep up the good work!
  • ColleenMichele
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • steffihoney
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing good so far! Lots of luck losing the other 23!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have 20lbs to lose, but I have a question to ponder. For those of you who have a slow loss or have lost, gained, lost, gained, etc. (yo-yo), what do you feel contributed to that? What do you plan to do differently this time? What's your plan of action? What are your specific goals (besides losing weight in x amount of time)? What's your strengths and weaknesses? What's your plan of action? Be specific!

I lost 60lbs 4 years ago. I kept it off for 3 straight years. Then I quit my job (to move to another country with my husband). The first month I gained significantly because I wasn't constantly on the go like I am when I'm teaching young children. I also was suddenly on vacation and behaved like that for months! Hello, I was in a new country! It was time to ENJOY! I did it with reckless abandon. Now it has been a year and I woke up one morning and realized I was eating sweets and chips for breakfast while relaxing leisurely in the tub on weekend morning. Umm... it's time to get out of denial and realize that it's not only my weight that will suffer but my health too! So stopping work (with the exercise it brought) and adding the long term vacation feeling is what contributed to my current weight gain. I accept it. Now it is time to lose it! I can do it!

My strength is I have a pretty good handle on portion control, even during my gain. My obstacle is less movement and more calorie intake through sweets (and trying out various new foods for awhile).

My initial goals:
    1. Reduce the sweets dramatically (1-2 small pieces per day at most rather than 15-30 pieces/day I have been eating!!).
    2. Log my foods every single day so I can see that and stay within my caloric range at least 85% of the time (6 out of 7 days).
    ***Plan my splurges ahead of time for specific purposes instead of impulsively and with considerations (not free for all)
    3. 8+glasses of water (this helps with fullness too and my hair badly needs it).

Later goals:
    4. Walk 3 times a week.
    5. Balance my foods for healthier consumption.
    6. Increase fiber for breakfast.
    7. Work on building in small meals throughout the day.

What was your obstacle and what is your new plan?