what am i doing wrong??

Options
For a whole month now I've watched what I ate and workout everyday. I aways try to burn the calories that I consume. But I haven't lost any weight. Maybe I lost an inch or two. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong..

Replies

• btb079
    btb079 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you are not eating enough?
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    if you are burning what you are consuming you are starving the body of the necessary calories that it needs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    For a whole month now I've watched what I ate and workout everyday. I aways try to burn the calories that I consume. But I haven't lost any weight. Maybe I lost an inch or two. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong..
    Think about it......if you ate 1200 calories and burned 1200 calories, your net calories for the day would be zero. That's called starving. You net calories shouldn't be under 1200 calories a day just to have basic body function. Eat back your exercise calories. And before you question it.......................what you're doing now isn't working.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories that MFP tells you to. Eat the calories that you burn during exercise. Don't workout everyday. The body needs time to recover from a workout. Too much exercise is stress and the body will treat all stress the same (raise cortisol levels and hold onto body fat).

You need to eat fat to give your body to signal to burn fat. Eating a high-carb diet makes you a sugar burner (all non-fiber carbs are converted to glucose when ingested) and your body burns sugar (glucose) all day and never has a chance to burn from your fat stores. (Eating carbs every 2-3 hours will ensure that your body burns sugar all day - not fat - because your body spends the entire day working on removing excess glucose from the bloodstream. It uses insulin to do this and insulin is the "storage" hormone. It stores fat while removing glucose and then any excess glucose gets converted to fat and stored.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-context-of-calories/#axzz1l2yN07Yk
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/a-metabolic-paradigm-shift-fat-carbs-human-body-metabolism/#axzz1l2yQiSx5

Just some food for thought.

(I learned that the reason I never dropped below 120 in my adulthood was because of grains, beans, sugar and commercial milk. When I stopped eating them I hit a weight I haven't been since before puberty and I'm 41 years old. I also had every digestive issue I've had to deal with go away.). My daily calories come mostly from fats. And lots of saturated fat!