5'2" 207lbs - 82lbs to lose!!

Options
Hi All,

I've finally decided to get super serious with weight loss this year (and moving forward) due to a number of health factors and just needing a lifestyle change. Im 5'2", heaviest weight was 219lbs and currently 207lbs. My aim is to get down to 125-130lbs. Im on 1200 calories per day starting yesterday.

16107167.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• londa589
    londa589 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ..........any how WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Are you me? Lol I started just about where you did and I have a similar goal :) The day you step on that scale and see a number that starts with 1 is gonna be the high point of your February. It was the high point of my October last year. :)
  • natesmami1806
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • natesmami1806
    Options
    Are you me? Lol I started just about where you did and I have a similar goal :) The day you step on that scale and see a number that starts with 1 is gonna be the high point of your February. It was the high point of my October last year. :)

Yes! I really need to get under that 200+ mark and forever stay under there! haha.
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have been there....I don't have any pictures of me at that weight....but my highest was 230 and I am only 5'2" also.
    you can do it....it is one small step at a time
    I have had so many diets in my life and quick fixes
    but finally realized that they don't work
    I now feel good about how I am losing the weight and each step is a win

please feel free to add me as a friend....
    and I wish you all of the best on your journey :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I myself is 5'2" and at my heavist (Oct 2010) was 212... I got tired of seeing myself at that weight. I don't have pictures because I now realize I didn't like taking pictures at that weight. But when I went to my doctor's and got weighed and was borderline diabetic I said enough. So I began working out; I first started using a different app to track my food but it didn't show numbers only a colored pie chart... I came across MFP in Aug and love it. I'm now down to 176.8 and my goal is 130. You can do it.. keep it up, check out nutrition info for resturants you like so you can make better choices and stick to it. I now have to reach 150 in order for my Dr to take me off of heart medicine; after that I won't be on any more meds.... :happy:
  • csj123
    csj123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I am 5'1" and at my heaviest weighed just under 200lbs after having had my second baby 4 months ago. I signed up to MFP but did not really use it. Have managed to get to 184lbs mainly by running around after the kids and eating more healthy food but I am now serious that I have to use my MFP daily to get to my goal of 126lbs. Am really hoping this works as have a family holiday to France planned for May and at the moment there is no way I am getting into a swimming costume. I also have a family wedding in December and would love to have reached goal by then. Hopefully with lots of support on here we can all do it! If anyone would like to add me as a friend please do so. Cath x :smile:
  • mcriley9906
    Options
    Hi, i'm new to this site.. but am 5' 3" close to you and weight in at 210/220 depending on scale.. lol.. I would love to do this with someone in same boat as me.. If you are looking for online friends add me as a friend and we can help each other out.. I have been tring well not to hard to lose weight since 2002, however now i have two kids who are very active and i can't keep up with them.. so now it's time to do this the right way and really get it off...hope to hear from you soon
    missy from pa
  • UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that was definitely one of the HAPPIEST days of my life....Now to get to 175 will have me bouncing off the walls these days.
  • pgrant0328
    pgrant0328 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I've finally decided to get super serious with weight loss this year (and moving forward) due to a number of health factors and just needing a lifestyle change. Im 5'2", heaviest weight was 219lbs and currently 207lbs. My aim is to get down to 125-130lbs. Im on 1200 calories per day starting yesterday.

Hi, my name is Phyllis and I'm 5'2" also, joined MFP 1/9 at 195 lbs, currently I'm 192.5. My long-term goal is to reach 110, but would be very happy at 125. If you would like to friend me, we can do this together!!!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Well I am 5'1" but in the same boat! I can generally get down to 30 lbs but gain it all back. I can definitely need the encouragement. I have been consistent with working out but my eating habits are HORRIBLE.
  • kykybab
    kykybab Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    welcome!!
    Kyla
  • bmayes
    bmayes Posts: 55
    Options
    This is definitely the RIGHT place to lose weight with a healthy support system. There will be ups and downs but just stick with it. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • natesmami1806
    Options
    I have been there....I don't have any pictures of me at that weight....but my highest was 230 and I am only 5'2" also.
    you can do it....it is one small step at a time
    I have had so many diets in my life and quick fixes
    but finally realized that they don't work
    I now feel good about how I am losing the weight and each step is a win

please feel free to add me as a friend....
    and I wish you all of the best on your journey :smile: :flowerforyou:

Thank you! Ive also have done so many diets and have eventually put the weight back on. So hopefully, this will definitely be it for me! You've done a great job!
  • natesmami1806
    Options
    This is definitely the RIGHT place to lose weight with a healthy support system. There will be ups and downs but just stick with it. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Thank you!!
  • charrn66
    Options
    I was there too! I am 5'2" and at my heaviest was 200 lbs. That was in 2008. Your goal is possible, as many have already stated. There are many who want to see you succeed! I got down to 125 last year, and slowly put some back on so it is time for me to get serious again. Congratulations on making the decision to regain your health! It will be the best thing you ever did for you.
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3" almost 50(in two years) and when at my top weight was 225. Now I'm at 212 and I need to get to 140. I go down then go back up. I know I have to get this weight off before I turn 50. I hate to see pictures of myself and I really hate to see my shadow because my head is so small and my body so big and short. Im right here with the rest of you. You can do it. This is a great place. If you fall off, dust yourself and get back on. :wink:
  • seaillusion7
    seaillusion7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Our measurements are the same! I just started keeping religious track of everything I eat and have already lost 2lbs this week! It's my goal to loose two lbs per week so that I can get down to my goal weight of 130lbs by November! It's so exciting to think that this time next year I will be 80lbs lighter!
  • sonianitz
    Options
    5'2" also and lots of weight to lose (50lbs at least)...Am new to MFP as well; so far I love it. Would be interested in hearing what everyone is eating - are you following a particular diet while tracking calories and exercise? Any info would be appreciated! Good luck to you all :)
  • Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty too! i'm at 1200 cals a day too, maybe we can help eachother out!