Needs a workout partner!!!!

Options
I know what to do. I have the gear to do it. I have the iPod Nano Generation # to track steps and listen to music at the same time. I have access to a free gym. I have a paid gym membership - - - -

No motivation.

No one to workout with.

Zero - zero time spent working out this year.

Replies

• EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    motivation should come from within...

you should start training alone as you will be consitrating more on your workouts than talking to your friends

start spending time in the gym
  • CAKEDOC
    CAKEDOC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    GREAT ADVICE MY FRIEND!

you should start training alone as you will be consitrating more on your workouts than talking to your friends

[/quote]
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar situation about a year and a half ago and had pretty much accepted the fact that I was going to be overweight for the rest of my life. I think joining this site & making this post tell people that you really do want to make that change. I know in my personal experience, my family members had tried to motivate me to be more careful about my weight but it wasn't until I wanted to do it for myself that things clicked. Getting out and making use of the facilities you have available to you is a great first step. Set small, attainable goals for yourself. The weight did not go on in 2 weeks and it's not going to come off in 2 weeks either. Also, make careful choices about what you eat. That was the key for me in the beginning phase of my weight loss. Make sure the foods you're choising to eat are making the most of the calories they require to burn off. 300 calories of cake and 300 calories of lean proteins and vegetables are two very different things. Feel free to have a look at my diary (it's pretty complete for the last year but misses a day here and there) and add me as a freind. You can do this but only if it comes from within.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    As others have suggested, your motivation really needs to come from within. Why do you want to work out? Do you really need to? (I'm not asking to be a brat, just to get you thinking.) What are your goals?

When I'm suffering from lack of motivation, there are a few things I do:
    - Focus on the reasons why I'm on my path
    - Write myself notes on post-its and leave them around the house (i.e. on my night stand by my alarm clock, on the bathroom mirror, on the fridge, on the mirror in my closet)
    - I write down all the things I hated about being unhealthy/unfit
    - I post pictures of what I want to look like near my motivational post-its
    - I write the exercise equivalence in calories for snack foods on a post-it and put it on the box (i.e. "If you want 3 cookies, you will have to run 4 miles")

And if you have decided that you ABSOLUTELY need someone to work out with, consider:
    - going to group gym classes (cardio, cycling, yoga, etc)
    - join a running group or other sport club
    - make friends at the gym! (just don't be creepy about it :) )

There's really NO excuse for you not to work out. You just need to find a system that works for you.
  • KathieElisa
    Options

Love this !!

I felt the same way but then i realized if i dont do it for myself no one else will. The bad thing about workout buddies is that if they quit you will lose all your drive too. I had a gym partner but after 2 weeks she quit and i never went back. Im pushing myself and working out every day now.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Love this !!

I felt the same way but then i realized if i dont do it for myself no one else will. The bad thing about workout buddies is that if they quit you will lose all your drive too. I had a gym partner but after 2 weeks she quit and i never went back. Im pushing myself and working out every day now.

this is another reason workout partners are bad... i was training atleast 6-8 months alone before i invited someone... and i went through about 7 people before i found 1 that has stuck with me for 4-5months now i think? n hes seeing good results but now that i signed up for a competition i feel like i need to loose him once in a while when he gets chatty with other people lol i usually just walk away from him in the gym n continue my workout but once i told him he needs to smart up or just not workout with me (was being kind of a **** to him n felt bad after) but it really made him smart up.. hes gotten he's nutirtion in check and started cardio properly :) so im proud of my creation haha
  • athearenee
    Options
    Hey There...

1st-Identify why you want to lost weight...(for you, an event...someone else)

The best Motivation is being sick and tired or being sick and tired...
    KNOW YOUR SELF WORTH!!!

You Deserve This and The Healthier You Are.....The More Time You Will Have To Enjoy The People and The Things You Love....

Baby Steps if need be...the healthier you get...the more results...the more motivation...

2 greatest things you can do...

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF & CHALLENGE YOURSELF

Start with little goals and go from there...If this decision is coming from Your Heart...there's no stopping you! :wink:
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    I know I did not start this thread but WOW now I'm motivated!!:happy: