Do you ever feel like you're just a number?

Options
2»

Replies

• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I guess I am one of the fortunate ones. There are only a few of my friends that I dont talk to that much, and they dont seem to talk to anyone much. Most of my friend list is VERY supportive and talks to me all the time.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I guess I am one of the fortunate ones. There are only a few of my friends that I dont talk to that much, and they dont seem to talk to anyone much. Most of my friend list is VERY supportive and talks to me all the time.

How could we NOT talk to you. You have the craziest *kitten* going on all the time... :drinker:
  • crughp
    crughp Posts: 17
    Options
    I try to keep a limited number of friends, and try to say something to them to encourage them at least 5 days a week. I do get busy with rl, and sometimes I get quiet for a day or 2, but that makes me try to come back stronger and try to do more on the days I do get in to comment to everyone.

If you want to add me you can feel free to, but if not I am ok with that too, its up to you!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    It's cause I am pretty much the poo.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Have you put yourself out there? Perhaps your friends on here don't know you that well and that is why they are not "supporting" you. I have found that if I comment on their walls, or status' or send PM's and actually try to get to know them they start doing the same for me.

I also only add people I feel I have things in common with so we have a base starting point to strike up conversations.
  • MotivationINeed
    Options
    I'm fairly new, so building up a friends base, hopefully I can support as many people as possible, and they're helping me in return.

Please, anyone that wants to add me please feel free, the numbers don't matter to me as I can focus on the people that do actually speak in return
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I don't add people with the intention of giving or getting support, to be honest. I've added people who tend to have interesting topic posts or are knowledgable and I like to be able to follow all of their posts. Not trying to be cheeky, just giving another perspective. :drinker:

I'm the same way. If I've enjoyed an exchange with someone then I would gladly accept their friend request. And I'll occcasionally comment if something catches my eye, but I don't count on anyone for support per se. I think it's just the comfort of knowing that there are like-minded people who are in the same community. Like friendly neighbors who occasionally wave hello!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

Thats how I feel too.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    If my friends post on their feed, I comment and encourage. If they are silently in the background, I probably don't seek them out. But I try to connect with each person who loses, has a good workout, logs a good day, or makes a personal comment. They do the same for me too :).

Add me if you like :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I regularly comment on the folks I'm connected to and am fortunate that most of them comment on my efforts. I figure I'll have to cap the number of friends at some point, dropping inactive folks. The point is to inspire and support.
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    I'm a terrible friend... I don't comment often and I love to just observe my pals in their journey.
    I think it's cause I've had such little change in my own status and my goals are really tough for me right now.
    i usually say in my friend requests... add me if you want someone quietly rooting for you - I don't comment much.

So - add me if you want someone quietly rooting for you. (:
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I talk to a few of my friends - and they're great. But I have other friends I don't talk to. To me it is often motivation enough seeing what other people have been doing, fitness-wise. It's nice to have people comment on your stuff but to me it's not that big of a deal.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I don't like numbers!

SS#, taxes,remember phone #'s, scales, gas prices,counting calories etc . . LOL.

As far as MFP, I have only requested/accepted friends who I have conversed with
    and find that we have more in common than just being on MFP. LIke when I was in school,
    I'd rather have a smaller group of folks who "get me", rather than alot of aquaintances.

That being said, feel free to add me if we have things in common in our weightloss/fitness goals
    or outside of MFP: I'm 42, married 24 yrs, have 2 girls and a crazy Australian shepherd. I like
    to play computer games, love animals and work on geneology- wait a minute! This is starting to
    sound like a Match.com application lol!