water, water, water

Options
2»

Replies

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day without pop, and I know it's going to be a doozy.

I've replaced it with Iced tea, and I like the idea of cuting up an orange or lemons and putting them in your water bottle, first it's the idea that it's pretty, second it helps a little with the flavor.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Drink squash... as in the stuff you dilute a tiny bit of it with water.. you can get sugar free ones
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I hate plain water too. And I still don't drink enough. But I put MIO in mine.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

It might be a good idea to get your water tested and see about a filtering system or having your renter do something. Even if you still don't drink it straight, whatever is in your water could be leeching onto your dishes and into your food, which is a problem unto itself.

Isn't the city supposed to do this? Whatever happened to the days when you could drink water right out of a garden hose?
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I love water. It's calorie free, fills me up and is totally refreshing after a workout. What's not to like?

Break yourself of all the over-sugared beverages, you'll be thankful for it later.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    water is water..everything else is a beverage..try lemons/limes
    Then where is the line between water and beverages? If you can add lemons and limes and it's still water, how much stuff can you add before the water suddenly isn't water anymore?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you can hate the taste of water. It doesn't all taste the same...
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one else has mentioned this...instead of lemons and limes, try slicing up a cucumber and sticking it in there. It makes a very mild, very fresh flavor. Cucumber and mint together is the best.

Also, try drinking filtered water at a slightly warmer temperature. I LOATHE ice cold water, and only drink it if I have to, or if the water is gross to begin with. But cool, fresh water I can drink all day long. Everyone is different. You've just got to try different things.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Try herbal teas. In winter I love having hot drinks throughout the day. I hate the taste of water, too, but there are lots of delish flavours of tea, not all of them caffeinated.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you can hate the taste of water. It doesn't all taste the same...

From what I understand humans don't have the ability to taste water, only the impurities in water. So everything we perceive as different "tastes" is actually just various differences between whatever is in the water. Water itself probably tastes like snosberries. But either way, I don't understand how someone could dislike water. It is the elixir of life. If it tastes funny, get new water.
  • Sparkz1920
    Sparkz1920 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The problem with artificial sweetners is that they cause the same insulin reaction in your body as regular sugar. So, it may not have the amount of calories, but it is still doing the same thing inside of you. And that is all that is known so far. Artificial sweetners haven't been around long enough for the real ramifications to be seen yet.

The bottom line is that our bodies are mostly water. So we require A LOT of water. It is a societal addiction to sugary drinks that make people dislike "plain" water.

I agree. I actually love the taste of water, Especially when hot. it just gets boring to me is all and it is hard to drink it all day long, but i do. Maybe 1 crystal light pack in my 16.9 oz but thats it
  • lwalters5
    lwalters5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Um...where did you learn that artifical sweeteners cause the same insulin reaction?

Most artificial sweeteners are considered to be "safe" foods with regards to insulin/blood sugar. That's why sweet food for diabetics are made with them.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/artificial-sweeteners/AN00348

At best, there are a handful of studies that suggest that there MIGHT be an effect, but for every study that says there is, there's at least one that says there isn't.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/artificial-sweeteners-insulin/#axzz1l2mKYuSO

I won't argue your point about the other effects of artificial sweeteners, or that the other effects haven't been studied well, as I agree with those, but you are incorrect about the insulin reaction.
    [/quote]

It is a relatively new finding. Just a few months old. I can go find the research again if you'd like. But I assure you, I keep up on these things because I am hypoglycemic so such things do affect me.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yup, and long term effects of artificial sweeteners can't be good for you. Get a really good water filter, add lemon or lime to it, and you will thank yourself.

I used to be addicted to diet soda, but I gave it up 7+ years ago. I only drink water. I have 1 soda and I feel like crud again.