Weird food requests

Options
GeneveSparkles
GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
I went to Subway for dinner last night and it got me reminiscing about when I worked at Subway in high school. I was thinking about the weird ways people liked there sandwiches made (13 years later I still remember these weirdos lol)
This one guy would like to have his bread soaked in oil before anything was put on it, it was gross, a soggy oil soaked bread is not good; someone only wanted the mayo spread on the bread not on the toppings, it all goes in your mouth at the same time .. ; other people would order practically a pickle sandwich, some turkey and piles of pickles or black olives, people go crazy for some black olives (btw in the employee handbook we were only supposed to put 3 black olives on a 6 inch and 6 on a footlong, I know chincy); this one lady would get all her sandwich meats/toppings on the side so she could assemble it herself for lunch the next day (this one makes sense, but was a pain in the *kitten*); another guy wanted his bread cut the “old” way, remember when the top would be cut out so it would be like a boat. I'm sure there were many more but these are the ones I remember!

Made me wonder what “weird” requests everyone has when they eat out? For me the weirdest thing is ordering a BLT without the bacon (I don’t eat pork, poultry or beef) at Arby’s. They don’t always have a veggie sandwich on their menu and if I ask for one the workers usually get flustered and don’t know how to ring it up, I tell them to give me a BLT no bacon and throw some onions and cheese on it :)

(Side note - During my breaks at subway I would get chili cheese fritos and top them with southwest sauce and pepperoncinis, sooo good)

Replies

• laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I work at a hospital in the foodservice and I often get requests for froot loops with chocolate milk .. from adults! yuck! That always grosses me out
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I worked at Mcdonalds for 4 months when my son was a baby on the overnight shift so we got some weird orders. The strangest one, and I do understand but I don't lol is when someone ordered 3 cheeseburgers without the meat.. I understand they were vegetarian but they spent $3 for a slice of cheese on a bun O.o
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    When I go to Panera I will often get the Mediterrean Veggie Sandwich with NO ONIONS, with the French onion soup.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend orders strange things at noodles and company... he gets the mac and cheese sauce, spaghetti noodles, meatballs, and parmesan crusted chicken, then squeezes lemon juice on it...
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I worked at Mcdonalds for 4 months when my son was a baby on the overnight shift so we got some weird orders. The strangest one, and I do understand but I don't lol is when someone ordered 3 cheeseburgers without the meat.. I understand they were vegetarian but they spent $3 for a slice of cheese on a bun O.o

Vegetarian stoners get munchies too :laugh: it's sometimes necessary!!
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Once at Friendly's, I ordered the Asian Chicken Salad without the chicken, wonton strips or dressing. I felt like Sally from 'When Harry met Sally'. lol
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I worked at Burger King.... I would order a BLT, which is a Whopper, no meat, no pickles, no onion, no ketchup, add double bacon. I always order everything without cheese, everywhere I go, unless it's mozzarella, it's the only cheese I like. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is for people to get the "no cheese" order. Ugh, so frustrating.

Oh, and a Whopper, no onion... with onion rings.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with both of my kids I would love to get a small subway meatball sub with luttuce and mayo, the thought of that makes me want to hurl now.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can only have raisin bran cereal if I mix it with honey nut cheerios and chocolate milk
  • ljholmann
    Options
    I get some confused looks when I go to McDonald's and order an Egg McMuffin with no egg. It still has canadian bacon & cheese on it, but this really seems to confuse them.
  • I work at KFC and get some strange ones =S but the one I remember most is the Twister minus the crispy strips... so really just lettuce, diced tomato and pepper mayo on the tortilla and that costs them about $9.00 for a combo =O... another thing I get A LOT is " can I have the breast piece please - I'm allergic to the other pieces" ......... ARE YOU FOR REAL??? its all the same chook, all made in the same way, all cooked together!!! how can you be allergic to one piece and not another???
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    "When I go to Panera I will often get the Mediterrean Veggie Sandwich with NO ONIONS, with the French onion soup. "

This made me laugh :laugh:

edited, hit reply instead of quote
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i worked at this place kinda like dairy queen. but this lady would come and order a medium coke, and requested that we add two squirts of chocolate sauce in it. never tried it, but it sounds very unusual and unappetizing.