Need to lose 50lbs by July!!!!

Options
I am currently doing the weight watchers program. But, I was invited to try this by a friend, soooo here we go.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    The only way to do it is to eat well.
    Set MFP to 1600 if you are 5'3" or taller.
    Set macros to 30% protein 40% carbs 30% fat.
    Run in the mornings on an empty stomach and lift weights 3 times a week.
    You might get there!
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm in the same boat :)
    I've lost 34lbs since August (two months of that pretty much off) so I'm hoping that I can do the next 50 to get to my goal.

Good Luck!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    why? what happens in July? I started last July & have lost 29 (probably could've done better if I'd been more diligent)
    Expecting too much too soon is a recipe for failure. You didn't get 50 lbs over-weight in 5 months did you?
  • dgage8
    dgage8 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    my advice is to find some simple ways to increase your activity- I go to the gym 3-5 times a week and also do a lot of exercises at home with simple equipment- 4 pound dumbells, a stool that I use for aerobic step, and a jump rope. When I can't make it to the gym I like to do my own30 minute routine with these things (and push ups/ sit ups) while watching a show on TV :) Also, if you blow it one day, try not to get discouraged. You aren't going to ruin everything you have done with one day, so don't psych yourself out thinking that you did. Good luck!
  • DR10
    DR10 Posts: 6
    Options
    :mad: I need to lose 35 by May!! :happy: This is good, I've lost 5 already in just one week. Hang in there YOU CAN do IT :happy:
    Good luck!:bigsmile:
  • ccjforreal
    ccjforreal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am trying to lose as much weight as I can by July as well, I am going to be in my brother's wedding and I want to be a lot smaller than I am right now. I know I can't reach my goal weight by then but I am going to my best to exercise and eat healthy so that I can lose as much as it is possible by then.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You can make a HUGE difference in five months if you apply yourself. Best of luck. Hope MFP helps.
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WELCOME... I've been doing 2 weeks and the support is awesome. you can do it. feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    Welcome aboard! This is a great site! feel free to add me as well if ya want!
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :mad: I need to lose 35 by May!! :happy: This is good, I've lost 5 already in just one week. Hang in there YOU CAN do IT :happy:
    Good luck!:bigsmile:

congrats.. good job. feel free to add me.
  • downtownjuliem
    downtownjuliem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We seem to be on the same schedule...About 50 lbs by July and cute we have the same ticker almost...
    Good luck and stay posting :smile: