Should I do cardio every day????

Options
I am pretty new to MFP. I have lost 14 pounds since January 7th and I am trying to lose about 40 more. I have been hitting the cardio (elliptical, walking and some running) very hard EVERYDAY!!!!! I also work out 4 days a week. Is it smart to do cardio everyday?? I really want to, but I'm not sure if my body (legs) need a break. Please give me some advice!!!!

Replies

• hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know the answer to this too. I do cardio (almost) every day, and throw in strength 2-3 times a week. I'm not sure what's best though.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    I do it everyday too, Im no expert but as long as you mix it up now and again so that your body doesnt adapt to the same training you should carry on with your weight loss, keep it up pal :-)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i use cardio as the "base" of all exercise i do
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's an issue as long as you do mix it up.

I usually run 3 days a week paired with spinning and ab work, and then elliptical the rest of the time paired with 20 minutes of whatever I feel like. Not to mention walking everywhere since I don't have a car. I try to switch my plan up a little every week, though only drastically every couple of weeks, and it's seemed to work. Just make sure that you are always challenging yourself a little at least and you should see good results!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    At least one day off per week s a good idea.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rzrbkfan
    Options
    bump