Gym Aches - Recovery Tips?

Options
13»

Replies

• maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    I started a kickboxing class and felt like a train wreck the next day. What helped me was a lot of stretching and hubby gave me massage, also a hot both and some ibuprofen ;-)

i feel your pain on that type of class lol .... i been working out consistently and very hard the last two years ..just took a Body Combat class last week for the first time where we do a lot of kickboxing and boxing ..it whooped me . i was sore every where. i got a new trainer and he said i need to learn to be more faithful to stretching so thats been added to my daily routine
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It won't last long honest if you stick to a regular schedule. Try a protein shake at the end.
    That must be what I see you drinking there - :drinker:
  • shockedsoshocked
    Options
    Although there's anecdotal evidence that ice baths work, I'd stay away of them. Cooling your muscles can stop the processes inside the cells, essentially stopping you getting the benefits from muscle repair and recovery. Every got that "legs on fire" feeling the night of a heavy leg/cycling/running session? Your body works best at certain temperatures.
  • Lau90210
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for the kind and brilliant advice - much appreciated. I have made notes and will follow your advice and banish the aches! :-)