Iphone/android app obsession

Options
angieleighbyrd
angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
I found an awesome app that I thought some of you might like. It's called Fooducate. Basically it's a bar-code scanner. You scan whatever food it is, and it comes back and tells you if it's good or bad for you and why.

Replies

• GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    thanks - sounds like something I would like to check out
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm having my brother download this so I can scan everything in my kitchen lol
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    "Bad" as determined by...?
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    I love it. It made me put down the salad dressing I was about to use.
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    "Bad" as determined by...?

Basically it'll tell you how much of it is artificial or processed and stuff like that.
  • sirpilsofd
    sirpilsofd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sweet, thanks for the heads up.
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow. Cool app. Thanks!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    This is going to be my favorite new tool. Thank you!!
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My next phone is gonna have to be an android phone, none of these things ever get made for the blackberry, we don't even have the barcode scanner for MFP!
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    My next phone is gonna have to be an android phone, none of these things ever get made for the blackberry, we don't even have the barcode scanner for MFP!

I don't even use mine to it's full capability. If it wasn't for the bar code scanner I would probably go back to a flip phone. I don't really need all that fancy crap. It was cool at first, but now blah. As long as my husband and kids can text me I'm good.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded it. It looks interesting and useful.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I just used it... love it. It took something in my house and said it was bad, which it was. I love the ALTERNATIVES tab. It shows 5 products which are similar but healthier. LOVE THAT for making decisions on the fly, esp with kidlets in tow! I am going to use this app like crazy.

To the pp who wants a driod- I got mine in August, and use it a ton! I love the weather app (shows radar, which can be useful in Texas during spring storms), and use the Kindle or Nook apps daily. And I lisen to the radio on my runs. LOVE my smartphone.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I wish I could scan in Taco Bell and watch it lose its mind.