Zumba for the Wii

Options
As Zumba for the Wii is not listed as an exercise, would I add it under General Dancing? It is arriving in the mail in the next few days and we cannot wait to get it working. Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    As Zumba for the Wii is not listed as an exercise, would I add it under General Dancing? It is arriving in the mail in the next few days and we cannot wait to get it working. Thanks for any advice.

it also calculates for you relatively close to actual or at least according to my HRM
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I have reported under dancing or aerobic activity. If you select the option on Zumba to do the class, it gives you a calorie burn count at the end - but it is just an estimate. If you have a HRM, you probably want to use it to get a more accurate measurement.
  • kbendert
    kbendert Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I created a "Wii Zumba" under the add exercise tab and usually put in the calories burned that it gives you at the end of the workout (I have Zumba 2 for Wii). I don't have a HRM, but hearing from others on this site who do, the calories they show at the end of the workout seem fairly accurate.
  • piercedanatomy
    piercedanatomy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've just put it under dancing.
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM so I use that. However zumbacalories.com is pretty good too.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I also created a Wii Zumba exercise for Zumba 2. Totally addictive game- you're gonna love it!!! For me- the Wii overcalculates my calorie burn by about 20-25% according to my HRM.
  • bllewis8283
    Options
    I created my own entry based on its calculated calorie count that is gives you at the end. That way it is easier for you to enter the time you spent and it gives you the right amount of calories for the burn.
  • tonyat483
    tonyat483 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for Kinect and I've been using www.zumbacalories.com as well. It allows you to enter your weight, intensity level and how long your workout was and will give you a calories burned estimate.
  • audddyy
    audddyy Posts: 21
    Options
    OMG I have Zumba 2 for WII it's AMAZING!!! Love it so much, it tells you the cals you burn although not sure if completely accurate!
  • Elona_30
    Options
    its a lot of fun, but hard to see all of the movments, it takes a while to get it all figured out have fun with it:laugh:
  • Valarie73
    Valarie73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use the calories it tells me [you'll have to look under Stats on the Zumba Wii game] and I enter that as an add my own exercise thing. I'm not sure it's always 100% accurate, but w/o a heart rate monitor I figure it's close enough.