What Goals Did You Achieve in January?

Did you reach some or all of your goals? What do you plan to add/revise for February?

JANUARY
Goal 1: Eat less of what comes in a box <- overall I did okay with this, but I can do better next month
Goal 2: Lose 4-5lbs <- Lost approximately 5lbs
Goal 3: Drink more water <- Did well first couple of weeks...not so well last two weeks

FEBRUARY
In addition to the goals stated above:
Goal 1: Add jogging/running into my current cardio routine
Goal 2: Lift at least 2x a week

I'd like to hear from everyone else :)

Replies

• I'll let you know tomorrow...:wink:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    I wanted to start recording my water intake/keeping that up above 8+ cups - pretty much a success! had a few bad days but overall I got it!

of course I wanted to also shed some more weight, which didn't really happen >.<

February I want to BREAK MY PLATEAU!! & try to meet my protein needs better.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Wanted to break my sugar habit (mostly flavored coffee creamer). Stopped cold turkey and will continue for another couple weeks then I will introduce it back in gradually and in moderation.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Health / weight wise, I kept pretty much at my goal weight all month. My weight fluctuates up and down ALL the time, but probably if I averaged it out I'd be pretty levelled out.

I've also cooked a bit more (which isn't saying a LOT, but I'm getting there.)

Personal goal-wise, I got a tattoo, something I've wanted for YEARS.

ETA:

For February, more of the same. Except the tattoo (maybe - I'd love another one sometime!).
    Keep my weight where it is.
    Work out more (I slacked off in December/January, would like to get back into it.)
    Cook more at home.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    I started my Diet and Exercise plan in january, so that was an achievement in itself. i only started on the 17th, but am already seeing results (my starting weight was wrong so i do not think i have really lost 18 pounds but, i know i have lost almost 4 pounds for sure.

February i am going to start setting some real goals.
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    I started the month off with the flu. I've never had ti before and I had no idea how hard it would hit me. I was really down for just over a week and then still recovering for about a week more! My goals (afterward) were to drink more water and get back to working out. I didn't work out until today, however I have been keeping up (mostly) with getting good water intake.

My goal for February:
    Keep with the 30DS
    Keep stress free as much as possible (I'm a stress eater. Actually lost five pounds since I decided to leave my job because I stopped eating the stress! lol)
    Logloglog! I've been slacking in this area.
    And find and use healthy snack options

Edit: I'd also like to lose 5-6 pounds, but I'm trying to focus on the inches and the healthy more than anything
  • I wanted to start recording my water intake/keeping that up above 8+ cups - pretty much a success! had a few bad days but overall I got it!

of course I wanted to also shed some more weight, which didn't really happen >.<

February I want to BREAK MY PLATEAU!! & try to meet my protein needs better.

I'm sorry you hit a plateau! I've read plenty of threads on MFP regarding people who broke plateaus by eating a little more...try searching for them!
  • Wanted to break my sugar habit (mostly flavored coffee creamer). Stopped cold turkey and will continue for another couple weeks then I will introduce it back in gradually and in moderation.

You completely removed all flavored creamer? Even the sugar-free/fat-free kind?! I don't think I can do that just yet!
  • Health / weight wise, I kept pretty much at my goal weight all month. My weight fluctuates up and down ALL the time, but probably if I averaged it out I'd be pretty levelled out.

I've also cooked a bit more (which isn't saying a LOT, but I'm getting there.)

Personal goal-wise, I got a tattoo, something I've wanted for YEARS.

ETA:

For February, more of the same. Except the tattoo (maybe - I'd love another one sometime!).
    Keep my weight where it is.
    Work out more (I slacked off in December/January, would like to get back into it.)
    Cook more at home.

Cooking was really hard for me too this month...I can completely relate. Congrats on your tattoo!
  • I said I wanted to lose 5 lbs in January and I did!
  • I started the month off with the flu. I've never had ti before and I had no idea how hard it would hit me. I was really down for just over a week and then still recovering for about a week more! My goals (afterward) were to drink more water and get back to working out. I didn't work out until today, however I have been keeping up (mostly) with getting good water intake.

My goal for February:
    Keep with the 30DS
    Keep stress free as much as possible (I'm a stress eater. Actually lost five pounds since I decided to leave my job because I stopped eating the stress! lol)
    Logloglog! I've been slacking in this area.
    And find and use healthy snack options

Edit: I'd also like to lose 5-6 pounds, but I'm trying to focus on the inches and the healthy more than anything

Inches is definitely the way to go. My weight fluctuates a lot even on a weekly basis sometimes but the tape measure doesn't lie!
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    My goal was to stop binge eating, exercise 5 times a week and to log my food on MFP. I started on January 12th.

I have had only one binge since starting this, yesterday. Much improved.

I have gotten some form of exercise in 5 or more days per week.

I have logged ALL of my food, even my binge on MFP.

Results are that I have lost 12.5 pounds in 2 weeks. MFP only shows 7 because I gained over my start weight the week before January 12th. I feel so much better about myself. I am starting to look forward to my workouts everyday.

Goals for February

Stop binge eating. Going to go for a completely binge free month.
    Do a Zumba class at the gym
    Lose 10 more pounds
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    I wanted to lose weight in January and I lost 14 pounds! I am looking forward to a strong February too! My weight loss goal for the year is 76 pounds. :o)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Jan Goal: Commit to a steady weekly workout plan - ACCOMPLISHED!

I wrote myself a "workout contract" and have stuck to it.

For Feb I want to continue and just maintain my progress and healthy eating habits.
  • ladyjeanne57
    ladyjeanne57 Posts: 39 Member
    Well....my goal was to lose 5 lbs. instead I lost 10!!! Whoo Whoo!!!
    Another goal was to reduce my eating processed food. Have done fairly well.
    Eating a more "diabetic friendly" diet. Yep...
    Started aerobics...starting carefully due to injured leg...but, doing it and enjoying it vastly.

For February?
    The same again...
    5 pounds
    less processed foods
    more diabetic friendly eating habits
    keeping up the aerobics adding more strength and balancing excercises at home.

A goal that I didn't make but something positive I gained in January??? A great support team! What a wonderful, positive presence in my life MFP and it's members have been for me.
  • January:

Week 1 Goal - Cut soda intake. - I cut soda out completely :) I used to have 6-8 sodas a day and then 3 - 4 24oz coffees. I hae cut it to 0 soda and one 16 oz of coffee or tea.

Week 2 Goal - Count Calories - I did ok. Some days when I didnt feel well or this past week on my period I did really awful I can do better next month.

Week 3 Goal - Get off Sparkly Water because of the sweetner. I have been drinking 32-64 oz of regular water nothing else in it. I still have sparkly water at dinner to give me that soda feeling.

Overall Monthly Goal - Lose 10 Pounds. I lost 8.

Feburary Goals -
    Lose 12 pounds (the 2 pounds to compensate for this month)
    Not lose it all when i am on my period.
    Drink more water.
    Exercise at least 3 times a week.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    I just started on the 3rd but my goal was one pound a week and I have doubled that.
    Next goal was to not drink as much sweet tea - I would drink up to half a gallon a day - now I have a glass and work it into my calories - water water water the rest of the time.
    Next was to start an exercise regiment and I wouldn't say I have a regiment going but I try to exercise when I can 2-4 times a week.

Feb- I want to start 30DS
    lose at least 1 lb a week
    and run for one mile solid - I have only been able to do 3/8 so far (small to some but big to me)
  • Personally myself, I didn't make any January goals. I think Jan was just my " testing the waters" month, just to see how serious I could bring myself to be. On Jan. 22 I started seriously buckling down on this diet.
    Since that Sunday, I have lost 5 lbs. Wednesdays are my " Weigh-In Wednesdays ". Tomorrow I will see what progress i've made since last Weds. I'm hoping for atleast 5 more lbs, for a total of 10 for January :)

Now that I have the ambition to do this, and my mind is in it's correct frame for this, my February goal is to lose atleast 15-20 lbs. I know that sounds like a lot of weight, but i'm a very focused and determinded person. :bigsmile:
  • For January I was able to run over 110 km.
    I also started the 30 day Shred

For February, I would like to run another 100 km, finish 30DS, and start either P90x, Insanity, or ripped in 30.
  • January- I got a stationary bike and a pair of dumbbells at home.

February- Eat more protein
    - Gain lean body mass

:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!