help!

Options
im so obsessed with weighing myself every other day! when is the right time?? i lost 1lb. last week and today i gained it back??? i dont understand, i've been working out daily as well...is it water weight??? any advice, suggestions??? thanks!

Replies

• cwalters1540
    cwalters1540 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't think there really is a right time. Weighing yourself every day can drive you nuts because your weight does fluctuate (for lots of reasons), but I also check every day anyway. The key is to pick 1 particular day where you're going to make the weight count. If I lose/gain 1 lb. from Monday to Tuesday I don't count it, but if I lose 1 lb. from this Mon. to next Mon. then I consider it a 1lb. loss for the week. If on the following Mon. I lose yet another pound then I know what I'm doing is working and keep with it.

It's also important to weigh yourself at the same time of day. I'm lighter mid-day than any other time of day. I have no idea why but that's how it is.

To keep me from driving myself crazy by checking the scale daily and obsessing over my weight I keep a weigh-in chart set up for weekly--not daily--weigh-ins. The number itself isn't as important as whether it's consistently going up or down from week to week. Don't let the daily fluctuations discourage you!
  • WendyWeighsIn
    WendyWeighsIn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Weights may vary daily. I also weigh myself ALOT....too much. This is to keep ME on track. Weight may vary according to time of month, sodium intake etc......Do not rely only on numbers. How do you look? How do you feel? How are your clothes fitting?