Chili's

Options
It's my uncle's birthday today and we're going out to Chilis. Any ideas what I can order there without salt? I looked at their nutrition info and everything is crazy high for sodium.

Replies

• brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    salad is your best choice
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    I don't know about the sodium but I usually get the Margarita Grilled Chicken. Its 550 cal for the whole plate and I usually can't finish it. :drinker:
  • kmb62606
    Options
    Chili's salads are really big too, just ask for your dressing on the side and you should be good!
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Quesdilla Explosion Salad. It is huge. I don't eat the Quesdilla and get the dressing on the side. You can also ask for salsa instead of the dressing.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll just stick with salad! Cobb salad sounds good and if I skip the bacon that will lower the salt some :-)
  • ionlyhavesporx
    Options
    Water (MAYBE)
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the sodium but I usually get the Margarita Grilled Chicken. Its 550 cal for the whole plate and I usually can't finish it. :drinker:

This is what I usually get as well & put half of it in a to go container.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options

BEST. DINNER. EVER. :) I get a box right away, and put half in the box to take for the next day's lunch. It isn't great on the sodium though. At a restaurant, you aren't going to find much that's on the low sodium spectrum. It just doesn't happen...

http://www.chilis.com/EN/LocationSpecificPDF/MenuPDF/001.005.0000/Chilis_Nutrition_Menu_Generic.pdf
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ahh I LOVE Chili's - high salt - but the chicken fajitas are VERY low in calories... as long as you don't use the flour tortilla wraps.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    FYI: the salsa without chips has over 1,000 mg of sodium!!!
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love the Margarita Chicken - half for dinner and half for lunch the next day!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    that place is the devil.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything you ever order at a restaurant is super high in sodium. Make a healthy choice, drink lots of water, and move on. This is only one meal (or two if you box some to go). :-)
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use to work at chilis for like 3 years and Salad is prolly one of your worst choices there....if your really looking to eat healthy go with one of the guiltless options
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    looks like the salmon, classic sirloin, or the grilled chicken sandwich will be the best choices...
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I always get the Chicken Fajitas. They are delicious, although high in sodium. I just try to make the rest of my day low in sodium.