64 down....about 30 to go!

Options

Replies

• megrachele
    Options
    I am so impressed with your photos!! I have just commited to this site this week, and im wanting to loose about 90 pounds myself. Do you have any words of advice or suggestions? were there times when you thought you couldnt do it? and what was your biggest motivator? Sorry to ask so many questions!!
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    Wow...well done and thnx for sharing...u look gr8 and such stories inspire us a lot.. :)
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic - an inspiration for me to break the 200 barrier as well!
  • JENJEN2011
    JENJEN2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looking fabulous!
  • missmeliss169
    missmeliss169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with your photos!! I have just commited to this site this week, and im wanting to loose about 90 pounds myself. Do you have any words of advice or suggestions? were there times when you thought you couldnt do it? and what was your biggest motivator? Sorry to ask so many questions!!

megrachele - Thank you!! There have been so many times where I thought I couldn't do it and wanted to give up if I "cheated", but what I came to realize is that no one is perfect. We all have our good days, our bad days and our trigger foods. I have learned to forgive myself for the bad meals and not let them lead to bad days or even worse, bad weeks.

The most important thing I've learned is that I have to track EVERYTHING in my diary, because if you don't you're only cheating yourself. Another huge help has been my exercise routine. I go to the gym in the mornings before work and do 35-40 minutes of cardio plus some weight training and I also do Zumba 3 days a week on top of that. I try not to eat anything more than my 1200 calories per day, even if I exercise. On the weekends when I have special events to attend, I allow myself to go over the 1200 calories, but for the most part I like to challenge myself to sticking to my allowance.

Another thing....cut out alcohol. That was HUGE in helping me lose weight because I am young and single and find that I am out at bars and parties a lot on the weekends. I limit myself to 2 drinks now if I want to drink, but for the most part I just drink water and still have as much fun :)

Try not to concentrate on the total number of pounds you lose and try to see each day that you stick to your new diet and exercise routine as a mini victory :) When I started this I couldn't even run for 60 seconds on the treadmill and now I can run for an hour straight!

There are going to be times when the scale won't move for a few weeks or you might even gain weight if you are exercising a lot, but also keep in mind that you could be losing inches, and that also makes a big difference.

Hope these tips are helpful...
  • pshearer7777
    pshearer7777 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • Wow! You look great!!! Congrats on making it this far and good luck with the rest of your journey. You look so happy (and pretty). Seeing your success has inspired me to push myself so I can achieve my goals! What did you do to lose the weight? What recipes did you follow?
  • JessyCx
    Options
    You look great!!:O I can't wait to be under 200lbs. It's my first aim:) you're a great inspiration thanks:)
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You are an inspiration!
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You were beautiful before but now stunning!
  • chelseaj525
    chelseaj525 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • missmeliss169
    Options
    Wow! You look great!!! Congrats on making it this far and good luck with the rest of your journey. You look so happy (and pretty). Seeing your success has inspired me to push myself so I can achieve my goals! What did you do to lose the weight? What recipes did you follow?

Countrygirlatheart2719 - Thanks :) I am finally starting to see a difference in myself and I feel really good. As far as my eating habits, I have changed them completely. I stick to a low carb diet that consists mostly of "natural carbs" and cut out most complex carbs. I eat a lot of protein and fresh fruits and veggies. I try to avoid fruits that are really high in sugars or that I have read that promote belly fat (such as bananas). Just checked my journal for a typical day in the life of Melissa..here's what a normal day is for me:

Breakfast: Chobani plain 0% yogurt with one packet of Truvia and 1 cup of mixed berries with Green Tea or 3-4 egg whites scrambled with one laughing cow cheese wedge, 3 slices of turkey bacon and sliced tomatoes.

Lunch: Grilled Chicken (4oz) "Parm" with a touch of tomato sauce and 1oz of low fat mozz with steamed spinach or Ground Turkey Meat "taco salad" with lettuce, tomato, onions, peppers, cucumbers, 1/4 sliced avocado, salsa and 1 tbsp of FF sour cream

Dinner: Turkey Burger with no bun and salad and steamed veggies or Grilled Chicken with veggies or Spaghetti Squash primavera

My Fav Snacks:
    Snack #1 - Golden Delicious Apple with Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedge
    Snack #2 - Plain Chobani yogurt with 1/2 packet of No Sugar Added Swiss Miss Hot chocolate added in -- Tastes like chocolate Mousse!
    Snack #3 (which I eat right before the gym in the AM) - Something around 100 - 150 calories like half a Lara Bar or a home made protein shake. I find eating before you workout helps!
  • trinajoy7
    trinajoy7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work :wink:
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    Awesome job..you are gorgeous and a great inspiration. Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing!
  • elianexox
    elianexox Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    wow good job:flowerforyou:
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

megrachele - Thank you!! There have been so many times where I thought I couldn't do it and wanted to give up if I "cheated", but what I came to realize is that no one is perfect. We all have our good days, our bad days and our trigger foods. I have learned to forgive myself for the bad meals and not let them lead to bad days or even worse, bad weeks.

The most important thing I've learned is that I have to track EVERYTHING in my diary, because if you don't you're only cheating yourself. Another huge help has been my exercise routine. I go to the gym in the mornings before work and do 35-40 minutes of cardio plus some weight training and I also do Zumba 3 days a week on top of that. I try not to eat anything more than my 1200 calories per day, even if I exercise. On the weekends when I have special events to attend, I allow myself to go over the 1200 calories, but for the most part I like to challenge myself to sticking to my allowance.

Another thing....cut out alcohol. That was HUGE in helping me lose weight because I am young and single and find that I am out at bars and parties a lot on the weekends. I limit myself to 2 drinks now if I want to drink, but for the most part I just drink water and still have as much fun :)

Try not to concentrate on the total number of pounds you lose and try to see each day that you stick to your new diet and exercise routine as a mini victory :) When I started this I couldn't even run for 60 seconds on the treadmill and now I can run for an hour straight!

There are going to be times when the scale won't move for a few weeks or you might even gain weight if you are exercising a lot, but also keep in mind that you could be losing inches, and that also makes a big difference.

thanks for the advice... i am having a bad week (mostly cause i gained 2 lbs this weekend and i almost wanted to quite...so thank you much for reminding me that we are all human and we will all have a bad day... I also stick to 1200 and dont eat back..so im glad to hear that worked for you so well... im looking forward to getting out of the 200 soon!!!! :)
  • missmeliss169
    Options
    :happy:

thanks for the advice... i am having a bad week (mostly cause i gained 2 lbs this weekend and i almost wanted to quite...so thank you much for reminding me that we are all human and we will all have a bad day... I also stick to 1200 and dont eat back..so im glad to hear that worked for you so well... im looking forward to getting out of the 200 soon!!!! :)

Eve - I am glad I can help! I love this site and keeping in touch with people who were able to achieve their goals has really helped me
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You look amaaaazing! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • sabmur
    sabmur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    amazing...you must be delighted! well done
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. Congratulations on your hard work to date!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!