Feeling Deflated/Unmotivated

Options
Someone help! I want to quit! My energy is depleted and I am feeling miserable.

Replies

• SaucySimon
    SaucySimon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't be deflated, you have come such a long way! I have so far to go and I look up to people like you. If you quit after coming so far, what is left for me who just started with 300+ to go?

You can do it, you have been doing it...Don't give up!
  • Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know it's cliche, but everyone has bad days. You started this journey for a reason. Try to remember that and focus on it. If this is more than just a rough day, consider calling a friend and talking to someone.
    I know you don't know me, but you're welcome to friend me and I'll see if I can help.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough vegetables and protein?
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. "
    ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    A Snickers bar always perks me up.
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. "
    ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Oooooo...love that.

Don't give up! Like others said, you guys who have come so far are an inspiration to us just starting out! *hugs!*
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

I love this!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What would help you right now? Support? Sarcasm? A kick in the *kitten*?

No one else can do this for you.
  • nessafly
    Options
    I feel for you!! I have been the same lately until I found a trick. I found some motivation and just started this a couple weeks ago and it helps get through the week..... every friday I go far a 5 mile walk around this beautiful lake a few miles away. We end the walk eating our breakfast on the picnic benches (I keep my sliced hard boiled eggs "mcmuffin" in a cooler in the car along with her doggie bowl). It really helps me to look forward to a treat that is actually a workout. :wink:
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    What has helped you in the past? Working out? Going for a walk? Eating better?

If it's worked in the past, try doing it again.

:flowerforyou:
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    shrinkinginQualicum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think feeling unmotivated sometimes is completely normal. Just accept that one for what it is, and carry on with your goals in a day or so. Sometimes I find it helps to change my routine when that happens (every few months I notice a downturn in my willingness to sacrifice the yummy eats and to exercise all the time! Ugh!) I will use the treadmill instead of the elliptical, go for a walk instead of riding my bike, anything that's not my usual. I find that makes it less boring. If you are lacking energy, that could be because you aren't eating enough. Are you getting enough fruits and veggies, and protein?
    Check out this web site about green smoothies, which are a great way to get the veggies in: rawfamily.com
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    office-space.jpeg
    :flowerforyou:
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Atarahh
    If you want motivation just look at your before and after pics. Remember how you felt in that before picture and remember all the work it took to get you where you are now and how much better you feel. Not only physically feel, but how you feel about yourself.

Everyone has the days where life deals out lemons, just add some vodka, some ice and blender, and picture your self on a beach....works for me ;)