Pics & 30 day shred

Options
I am trying to work up the nerve to post progress pics. I have already lost almost 20lbs, but I was thinking I would start now since I still have so far to go. I know when I see other people spics it really inspires me...just nervous about putting my fat rolls out there!! LOL if you have, did you inspire yourself by doing so? was it free-ing to put it all out there?

Also...

I am thinking of starting the 30 Day Shred. A friend gave me Insanity...but it is WAY too hard for me. The warm up is about all I can do and even that is a stretch because I am WAY slower and can't even do one push-up YET. Would any of you suggest the 30 Day Shred for more of a beginner? I am all about working hard....but being so far behind is frankly a bit discouraging.

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    DOOOOOOO ETTTTTTTTTT!!!! :)
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend doing the Insanity program. Just do what you can for now and in no time you will be keeping up. It gets easier as time goes on...I promise
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yup go ahead inspire others and sometimes it will motivate you even more.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on Insanity!! I could barely do the warm up either. But I did complete it and it was so worth it. I lost 13 lbs which is great, but it took off 15 inches!!!!!
  • KathieElisa
    Options
    Yes, the 30 day shred is good for beginners. Im only on day 4 (when i do it today) but i can see a huge difference. the first day i couldnt do half of it especially push ups ! but when i did day 3 i did 10 pushups & got through most of it without stopping. Im really out of shape & a smoker so i couldnt really breathe when i started lol but it is getting easier for me so i can tell im getting stronger :) Im doing it with kickboxing (free on demand) so i dont get bored of doing the same thing every day.

Put the pics up ! they will help someone else starting their weight loss. I cant wait till i get to 20 lbs lost.
  • MrCaleb
    MrCaleb Posts: 26
    Options
    I wouldn't go with Insanity especially if you haven't worked out in a long time. I'd suggest starting something a little less physical and eventually work into Insanity, especially when you need to tone and tighten things up. I did it last year and didn't lose any weight, just a couple of inches.
  • aabroten
    aabroten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred last Monday. It is good for beginners. It has 3 different levels that you can move to on your own pace. Also there is a girl that does modified versions of the exercises so if it's too hard at the time you can still do the move. I've already noticed a difference in the week I've been doing it, and I'm definitely committing myself to the full 30 days to see where I end up. It is a hard program but still easy enough to do. You will be sore the next day, if you need to take a break that's ok just go for a long walk the next day to keep the muscles stretching but get back on it the next day. Trust me, you won't be sorry. Good luck!!!
  • yasmine36
    yasmine36 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a really good workout, hard for a beginner, but really really good workout. I started it and gave up because I thought I was too weak to complete it, but that doesnt mean that you should too! I wish I stayed with it or else I probubly would have my progress pictures up right now. So I say you stick with it and do all of what you can. Just dont give up!!! :)
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is incredible result :)
    Don't give up on Insanity!! I could barely do the warm up either. But I did complete it and it was so worth it. I lost 13 lbs which is great, but it took off 15 inches!!!!!
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good to know about the modified girl because I do have a bum knee and sometimes modified is for me! :)
    I just started the 30 day shred last Monday. It is good for beginners. It has 3 different levels that you can move to on your own pace. Also there is a girl that does modified versions of the exercises so if it's too hard at the time you can still do the move. I've already noticed a difference in the week I've been doing it, and I'm definitely committing myself to the full 30 days to see where I end up. It is a hard program but still easy enough to do. You will be sore the next day, if you need to take a break that's ok just go for a long walk the next day to keep the muscles stretching but get back on it the next day. Trust me, you won't be sorry. Good luck!!!