Eating Over Calories--Losing weight

Options
I've realized by trial and error that I am consistently losing weight when I eat over my calories by around 200. MFP has me set at 1250, and I understand that 1200 is about the lowest healthy amount for a typical person. Is it possible that my body needs more? I feel bad eating over my calories, though at the same time eating around 1400 calories is a lot less than what I used to be eating, so I feel like it's better than before.

Has anyone else noticed this about their amount of calories?

Replies

• Sarareneephoto
    Sarareneephoto Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your body was probably used to having more. So you're probably losing becasue you are under your "maintaining" calorie range. Also if you exercise you're burning calories. So if you burn 200 cals, you can eat 200 cals and still lose. :flowerforyou:
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am eating my exercise calories back. I searched the message boards about that topic and that seems to be the general consensus. I eat over what MFP tells me to eat, even after adding more for the exercise. I went over a couple of days accidentally (or when I wasn't being smart about my dinners) and realized I was losing weight the next morning. So I've been testing it the past few days and I go down .4 pounds or so consistently.