Mall food...

hey guys, once a week i head out to the local mall for lunch with the work guys , i never know what to have and always end up selecting something that's way more calories than i think. any ideas what would be best? what are your go to selections?

Replies

• keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    My go-to meal at our mall food court is Chick Fil-A. I get the grilled chicken sandwich with only lettuce and tomato and ask for extra lettuce & tomato. I get a fruit salad to go with it instead of fries. I am sure there are better options, but this is something I enjoy and I don't feel deprived in the face of what my family or friends are eating.
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    At the mall i go to there is an xtreme pita place that has a 350 calorie grilled chicken pita. My go to mall meal
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
    Well, you probably know what food places there are, so how about going online and seeing the nutrition for their food, then picking out some of them to order ahead of time.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Panda Express - Brocolli Beef and steamed rice - I never eat all the rice.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    ugh, mall food and all the yummy goodness that it offers.. our has a subway and a BJ's, but it depends what ur mall offers besides Cinnabon, Mrs Fields, Sbarro's, McDonalds. Korean BBQ, Chinese <- these are all temptations my mall has and then some.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    i try to avoid mall food .. fast food plays a toll on my stomach these days ..if i order a sandwich i try to get it so that its a grilled meat , no mayo or fatty sauces ..just plain ol sandwich with maybe a small amt of ketchup , mustard or franks hot sauce ...they hate when i ask ..do you have anything on the menu that isnt greasy ..i do that to make a point to put something healthy on their menu
  • hsmirnov
    hsmirnov Posts: 7 Member
    mmm yea, im always tempted by the Thai express pad Thai, which is apparently really high in sodium and calories.. i went for a Thai soup today, it wasn't salty at all and had lots of rice noodles and veg. hopefully its a better option.
    i was getting Mediterranean food for a while, but its ridiculously high in sodium.
    good idea about checking it out before hand though... ill check out a few that im tempted by online first, and then i can make a better decision :D
    i work with all men, so its very hard to eat something healthy when they can just stuff back the taco vell and A&W.
    thanks guys :D
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    i work with all men, so its very hard to eat something healthy when they can just stuff back the taco vell and A&W.

Well, the taco bell fresco menu isn't too bad on calories... That's about the only fast food i eat these days.
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Do they have a Subway? If you don't know what food places they have look at the mall website, then go to the different restuarant websites and look for NI. I went with a friend this last week and thanks to doing that I knew before I went what I wanted and did not even look at the menu to be tempted for something else.