Hey Everyone!

Options
Hi Guys,
So I have never joined something like this but I feel like it really might just help me stay on track and reach my goals with inspiration and support from so many people. I am 5'5 and my starting weight is: 176lbs. I haven't always been this weight, I actually used to be so much more in shape but never happy with my body. My goal weight is 130lbs. I have NEVER been happy with my body because I have always seen it as overweight or out of shape. Not to go too far back but I know my insecurities stem from when I was in middle school and I was harassed every day for being fat. Now I know you’re going to tell me to get over it and I have but I haven't been able to shake the feeling that I am so much bigger than I should be or that I have potential to be so much more beautiful than I am I just have never been able to reach my goal. In the summer of 08 I started going to a personal trainer and I didn't lose much weight I did lose a ton of fat and I trimmed up. Unfortunately personal trainers are expensive so I couldn't afford to keep seeing her. I fell off the bandwagon but maintained my weight at 161lbs. Then Summer 09 rolled around and I started running every day. I got up to 6 miles a day and I think at my lightest I was at 145lbs. But even at that weight I didn't see much of a difference in my body. Unfortunately I injured my back in a car accident and again had to give up working out. I eventually gained weight back and was back at 160lbs in May 2011. I had plans to start going to the gym everyday (my new job has a great gym so it is extremely convenient) and eat right but then before I could really get a routine down i met a boy, and oh what fun we had. I never ate out, and I mean NEVER, until I started seeing this guy. We had a long commute back and forth from work and he ate out all the time so naturally i started to do the same. Over the summer I shot up to basically 180lbs and I have never felt worse about myself. The boyfriend and I now live together and I am a lot closer to work but he knows how bad I feel about myself and he wants to help me reach my goals. I have always had a hard time getting back into a workout routine but my boyfriend and I have developed a plan so that I stay motivated and stick to my goals. We think the idea of short term goals is good and I don't want to obsess about numbers like my weight and size and what not so we came up with a monthly "Challenge." The goal is that I work out every day in Feb. except for 8 days (2 days a week to rest at the max) and if I complete my goal he will get me a message and facial to treat me for all my hard work. If i don't meet my goal than I have to get him a Sony Vita (the new PSP) and every 3 days shy of my goal I am I have to get him a game along with it. We have come up with rules and a way to track my work outs. What I think is good is he keeps tabs on my workouts so I HAVE to report to someone. I know it’s not his job to make me workout but I feel like it will help him be involved and I won’t want to let him down or buy him that PSP lol. And then hopefully we will come up with a new challenge reward for March. Well this was just a bunch of word vomit so you all get to know me a bit and know my plans and goals. Hopefully I will keep this up and be able to update this with my progress. Good luck to everyone!

Oh and I will have pictures up soon! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• SKOrnelas
    Options
    Hello,
    I understand your story and mine is just about the same as yours. I congradulate you on getting started again. I got up to 193 over this past summer. I have been diet and exercising for almost 4 weeks now and have lost 10 lps. I am at 182 right now. I would love to have you as a friend I need all the motivation I can get and I have found talking with people at work has helped alot.