No weight loss....

Options
Hi all, feeling a bit down no weight lost in the last 7 days been eating under 1000 cal per day and running off road 5km per day + 10km run Saturday morning no even an pound makes me think what I need to do to loss the weight????

Replies

• TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    you need to eat more
  • Bexx435
    Bexx435 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but I don't think you're eating enough calories a day. You're body is probably in starvation mode. Up your calorie intake and see what happens.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    if you dont eat you wont lose and when you lose that will be muscle mass!!!!! Eat 1200 cals#
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Hi all, feeling a bit down no weight lost in the last 7 days been eating under 1000 cal per day and running off road 5km per day + 10km run Saturday morning no even an pound makes me think what I need to do to loss the weight????

gotta net no less than 1200 cal/day, you'll hear it time and time again around here
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You've only got 14lb to lose, you should have your MFP settings to lose 1/2lb a week for those last few, which will give you loads more calories a day. MFP will never recommend you eat less than 1,200. You also need to eat all or a good proportion of your exercise calories with the amount of running you're doing to fuel your workouts. It sounds counter-intuitive, but eating that bit more will make all the difference to your loss.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Too few calories. Full blown starvation mode. How can you not be starving on what you are eating. Especially running that much. I'm a runner and I know how hungry I get after I run. and when I don't eat enough before a run My energy goes out the door. Make sure you eat enough protein. Let us know how you do. Good luck.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

You need to eat more -- 1,000 is way too low.....after your workouts you are probably netting like 500-600....up your calories and you'll see it start to come off
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    This is how I heard it explained:

You're a big, fat person. You deprive your body of 1000 calories per day and it says, "Hey, no problem, I've got tons of fat to burn!"

You're a person of a healthy weight. You deprive your body of 1000 calories per day and it says, "WTF are you DOING? There's not enough fat here for this!" and it slows your metabolism way down to keep you from killing yourself.

If you provide a smaller deficit, your body will be more willing to give up small, reasonable and appropriate amounts of fat for your size.
  • lougoddard
    lougoddard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice - I will give it a go to eat more just worry about eating to much I am 5ft 4 and weigh 140lbs that is nearly overweight on the BMI with all the running I do I would not think that I would ever be classed as over weight.
  • KAREN1691
    KAREN1691 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have same problem , i am 5ft and if i eat 1200 kcals and exercise I still put on weight, i log everything and I find it really frustrating .
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Eat.