ideas for good workout dvds and equipment- just starting out

Options
I'm very overweight (254 on a 5'4" large frame.) Always have been overweight so I carry it better then most. I've had to give up my gym membership as it can no longer fit into my budget. I'm down 17lbs and want to keep going. I'm looking for a dvd I can follow at home that won't kill me. I'm a beginner and have no equipment yet. I've been enjoying the wii boxing and wii your shape, and just fast walking, sit-ups, and leg lifts. Would love suggestions on what to get in way of wokout dvds and equipment for home training. Thanks.

Replies

• lsalyers1972
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone DVDs... Walk away the Pounds. They are easy to do, but really get your heart rate up.. I also have the Zumba DVDs that i do... Good luck..
  • gaby0324
    gaby0324 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels, you can go to amazon.com and find it very cheap.
    It is only 30 minutes but it kicks my butt!!!!:tongue:
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I enjoy 30 day shred by Jillian Micheals. Also like the biggest loser cardio videos. I have also been taking boot camp classes and have learned a lot of bodyweight work outs that I enjoy. Look up on youtube they can give you some good examples!
  • RebekahDarker
    Options
    Hi! I have been doing Denise Austins firm and tone. It's easy as a beginner and doesn't cause an extreme amount of suffering. LOL I am 56 yrs old and have gained more weight past menopause than I ever thought I could. My husband and I began this a week ago and we feel this will be our success stories. I believe it now, that when you track what you are eating you realize how much you actually have been putting into your body. i was probably at any given day eating 3000 calories. I am now eating 1450. My you have great success.
  • meghan_cr
    Options
    Have you tried online workouts? I like Yufit.com -- they have 12 different classes that post new workouts twice a week. Ranges from simple stretching, to core, to total body workouts.
  • blissy_girl
    blissy_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Check out some videos for yourself. GaiamTV has a ton of workout videos on it and you can preview them for free, check out the Walk Away the Pounds and other Vids. You can even sign up for the site free (for 10 days) and try out the workout videos to decide what you like. Don't forget to cancel before the 10 days though or you will be charged.

http://www.gaiamtv.com/category/fitness-studio-videos

Good luck!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Get a bunch of DVDs from your local library. Then you'll know better which workouts and trainer personalities you like best.
  • passagestamper
    Options
    thank you all for your comments. I'll try them all. Really excited to continue the weight loss.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Netflix has a lot of workouts on DVD, very few on streaming (they used to have a lot :()