My pet peeve at work is -

Options
Skeemer118
Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
My company takes yard waste & clean pallets & turns it into mulch for the community. Depending on what material is used, it could look entirely different from one day to the next.When I tell our customers over the phone that we sell mulch & they ask what it looks like. "Is it light brown? Is it chunky? Is it fine?" *sigh* It's 2 acres away from my office, I don't know how it's looking today.:huh: I'm not going over there to look at it just to walk back to the phone & hope they're still waiting for me. When I tell them, "Well Sir, people call different things mulch so it would really be best for you to drive out to see if it suits your needs." They get all quiet on the phone like I just cussed them out. I'm all for customer service but YEESH.

What's your pet peeve?

Replies

• johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    they want me to work. :)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Not me but someone I know, his company has now stopped providing tea bags, milk, and cream. I mean, these are such small things that really help with employee morale, or rather, they certainly lower morale when it's taken away! Sheesh, cheapskates!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It is the whole showing up thing. I can do most of this from home.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    My company is laying people off, yet we have and EPC that brings in $150 of treats 3 mornings a week. UMM WHAT!!! Then we have team meetings about cost saving ideas.

le sigh
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when I try to find out the color of the mulch I'm ordering and the rep tells me to drive out to see it. LOL
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I could do 90% of my job from home, but since I have to come into the office ... There is one person in the office thinks that anything she has to say or do is so important that she interrupts people on the phone, mid-conversation, or starts handing you stuff while you're working on other things. Excuse me! That's what my INBOX is for!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    the bathroom.

Clean up after your f*ucking self....I am not maid brigade...
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My company is laying people off, yet we have and EPC that brings in $150 of treats 3 mornings a week. UMM WHAT!!! Then we have team meetings about cost saving ideas.

le sigh

hahahahahahaha isn't it brilliant?
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    not enough work to do
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    they want me to work. :)

THIS!!!!!
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not me but someone I know, his company has now stopped providing tea bags, milk, and cream. I mean, these are such small things that really help with employee morale, or rather, they certainly lower morale when it's taken away! Sheesh, cheapskates!

Wow, I've NEVER worked anywhere where you don't have to pay into a kitty for it or take your own.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The chief to indian ratio (of course I'm an indian)
    My counterpart that is sick on Thursdays and Fridays 2x a month
    I hate coffee and the coffee maker is right next to my office
    Craig's list is a blocked website
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    People who are OCD about stuff...I understand doing everything right, but why make something simple twice as hard?
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My boss. period. I want a new one.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Passive aggressive people.

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Don't throw your coworkers under the bus. It's tasteless.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The chic in the cube next to me who eats apples louder than Mr. Ed. And slurps her drinks. And scrapes the yogurt cup 47 times to make sure she didn't miss that last little bit.
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    when I don't have enough work to do. It makes the day drag!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when I try to find out the color of the mulch I'm ordering and the rep tells me to drive out to see it. LOL

I literally lol'd

My pet peeve at work is...my commute! And that 95% of my job can be done just as good, if not better, from my home office WITHOUT a 3 hour a day trip
  • jlowensby
    jlowensby Posts: 142
    Options
    having a boss that is ALWAYS gone....she is already only part time...sorta kinda need her here on the hours she should be!
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When patients get mad at ME because they have a deductible with their insurance and have to pay it before we can see them in our office.