Finally appreciating my Wii Fit!

Options
Okay....So I got the Wii Fit for X-mas, and was really excited about it. I worked out on it everday for about two weeks...then like everything else I had tried, it fizzled out. I gave myself a pity party everytime I'd gain a pound or two, then I had a moment! :laugh: This is what happened- My husband is over-weight and had no intentions on ever losing weight (5'10, 352lbs.), his theory was "I'm happy just the way I am". So I never pushed the issue for him to work out or even try the Wii fit. Well, i guess curiosity got the best of him because he decided on day while no one was home to give the Wii a try. :bigsmile: This went on for about 4-5 weeks...we never saw when he excercised, but he does drink water ALL DAY.....even before this new found addiction! LOL Anyhow....I'll sum this up......He is now 304lbs., 3 belt sizes smaller, and now has one chin instead of three! Don't get me wrong i love him just the way he is but I am so proud of him! Naturally, I thought well if he can do it so can I! So I began working out on the game three times a week for the basic 30 minutes and gradually moved up to 1hr. I'm down ten pounds in 3 weeks and am so excited to see just how much I can lose! I couldn't be happier that we are doing this together...Who would of thought!!!!:smooched: The Wii fit is only a game if that's how you look at it, otherwise it has been a very helpful,positive addition to my home!

Replies

• thinforlife
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting one and you are the best sales pitch ever!!!! Continued success to you and your husband.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have one and I don't use it much in the warm weather because I like to work outside but it can make you sweat. I want to get the EA Active for mine though.
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    The Wii Fit is definitely a blessing. It is the best investment I have made for myself this year. I also purchased the Wii Active and love it, love it, love it. I'm actually anticipating doing the workout each evening.

Way to go Sunsoaker.

If I don't get anything else from the Wii Fit, I do get to laugh out loud for real. Especially when I'm doing the balance program. I love the Hula Hoop and the Step program but that darn soccer game in the balance program is going to wear me out from laughing.

Have you played that one?
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit is definitely a blessing. It is the best investment I have made for myself this year. I also purchased the Wii Active and love it, love it, love it. I'm actually anticipating doing the workout each evening.

Way to go Sunsoaker.

If I don't get anything else from the Wii Fit, I do get to laugh out loud for real. Especially when I'm doing the balance program. I love the Hula Hoop and the Step program but that darn soccer game in the balance program is going to wear me out from laughing.

Have you played that one?

I have to laugh during the soccer one too. I keep getting hit with the shoes and panda head :laugh: I do hate it though when you step on and it goes "OH" like "get off me fatty":laugh:

I love the tightrope one and the one where you have to get the balls through the holes. For some reason I keep letting the one with my husband's face on it fall off the side :noway:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    That is great. Congrats to you and your husband :drinker:
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    I got Wii Fit for Mother's Day and I find that it makes me laugh as well. The darn soccer game, why can I only hit a few and my son can hit 20 in a row??? It's just not right!!!

I spend at least 30 minutes each day and find myself getting on it when I am bored. It has really cut down on my boredom eating!!
    Have a great day!!:wink:
  • queen3510
    Options
    Hey Sunsoaker,

Yes, that little "OH" when you step on, I'm gonna pull the plug on her (if I could find it) LOL!!

You're right, the tightrope is fun too. Wobbling all the way across but I make it. Have you tried the one with the penguin? If I could stay out of the water . . . I might get somewhere :laugh:

I haven't figured out how to do the ski one where you stand sideways on the board but I won't give up.
  • queen3510
    Options
    Good point Glendaz, I didn't think about it keeping my mind off of eating. The Wii definitely have a boat load of benefits. It brings out the competitive spirit in me, especially when I get the couch potato rating. I just keep at it until I get above it. Sometimes before I know it, I've done 10 minutes on that one activity.

Another benefit, for those of you who have children to play with, it gives fun filled quality time together.

Have a blessed day all!
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    :tongue: That is awesome, congrats to him :flowerforyou: BTW, they will be coming out with a new wii fit next fall. It has a lot more activities on there, so I cant' wait to get it. I have to use my wii fit now more, beforeI make the jump and get the new one, though
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I got mine for Mother's Day/Birthday present.

Keep it up. Keep using it. It's said on the Internet that if you use the Wii for more than 30 days, you will loose some weight.

Also, there is another thread going where we are starting a MFP WiiFit Challenge.

Come join us! It's just starting up.

Congrats to all of you who have lost some weight. Hang in there if you haven't lost anything yet. You will.

I did just 10 minutes Yoga this morning before work. I will do 20 minutes aerobics this evening. I really do feel better on the mornings I do my Yoga as a wakeup.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    That is awesome for you and your husband!!!

I would be so proud of him, too....but be proud of yourself, as well...you deserve it!

He's sneaky, isn't he? :wink: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • sunsoaker
    sunsoaker Posts: 9
    Options
    :laugh: thaks for all the encouragement! As far as the games....I'm not that good at the penguin slide. BUT I am the hula hoopin' CHAMP! LOL On the super hula, I average 3000. Sheeeew....and boy do I feel like i've done something afterwards! I recently discovered the "jack knifes" in the strength training section.....the seem to be working really well. :bigsmile: I do thirty everyday, It's much easier than doing the old fashion sit ups and alot less strain on your back.

What helps me.......I do my work out everyday as soon as I get home from work, so in my mind if I eat anything that I'm not suppose to, I feel as though I've wasted my work-out! :tongue: Good Luck to EVERYONE!
  • queen3510
    Options
    WOW!!! Sun, 3000 twirls on the super hula hoop. WAY TO GO! I haven't tackled that one yet.

I do 300 on the basic hula and be on the verge of passing out. You go!!!
  • sunsoaker
    sunsoaker Posts: 9
    Options
    Queen, Trust me when i say I absolutley didn't start out with that much....haha...I do 1500 to the right and 1500 to the left. I'm trying to hula my way to a thinner mid-section!:laugh:
  • queen3510
    Options
    Queen, Trust me when i say I absolutley didn't start out with that much....haha...I do 1500 to the right and 1500 to the left. I'm trying to hula my way to a thinner mid-section!:laugh:

Hula hooping sure is a fun way of twirling those inches off. :laugh: I'll have to get back into it after I complete the 30-day challenge with the Wii Active.

Keep up the hoop!!!!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am going to start using our WII fit..lol That is great!