I just feel like I can't !!!!!

Options
So I was doing great ....following all the rules.... I even exercised quite a bit ... then when I lost 5 lbs I was so happy ... the second week I stayed the same and I think that I got discouraged , because I suddenly felt like I stopped caring ... now I feel like I can't get back on track .... Now I am afraid that I will start gaining it back ....I am crying out to you all words of wisdom and encouragement please!!!!:sad:

Replies

• Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So I was doing great ....following all the rules.... I even exercised quite a bit ... then when I lost 5 lbs I was so happy ... the second week I stayed the same and I think that I got discouraged , because I suddenly felt like I stopped caring ... now I feel like I can't get back on track .... Now I am afraid that I will start gaining it back ....I am crying out to you all words of wisdom and encouragement please!!!!:sad:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Just remember how you felt when you first started a couple weeks ago..it's so hard just to get motivated to start, so the hardest part is over, you've passed that. Just remember, tomorrow is a new day and you can make better choices! And remember just because the scale doesn't move, doesn't mean that good things aren't happening in your body, you could be losing inches! Stick with it..and remember, we're here for you!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    We all have those moments!
  • backontrac
    backontrac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    the only thing you have to fear...is yourself..
    YOU have the power to change things..
    YOU have the knowledge to get back on track..
    its a YOU thing..
    So you fell.. so what...you know it.. you own it...now MOVE ON.
    Stop dwelling in what was...WHAT WILL BE ???
    remember how GREAT you felt when you lost that 5 pounds..its not how much you lose every week.. its how much you lose in 30 days..
    short term goals..
    PICK YOURSELF UP..
    SHAKE YOURSELF OFF..
    and GET BACK AT IT!!!
    Tomorrows entry will be a success!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Your body is adjusting to all the changes too. Maybe you'll lose 5 lbs. one week, one the next and 7 the next. Just don't give up. You'll love yourself for making yourself healthy. Not to mention the added years of your life to spend with your family and friends. Health is not a one time diet, it is a constant way of life.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    You need to think in terms of a lifestyle change- not losing weight. The healthy way you eat is the way you should eat until you die. 5 lbs in 1 week is way too much and unrealistic for long term weight loss!!!!! Set your goal to 1 lb per week and exercise at least 30-60 minutes per day at a high impact level and you wont have to starve your self. Plan to earn at least a meal's worth of calories per day which is usually 350-400 calories in exercise. You are obsessing about it too much!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i agree with sonia. the scale is not as important as your overall health. this really is about lifestyle changes. that's why its 'my fitness pal' and not my weight loss pal.:laugh:

you've done great so far, so don't give up. think about being/feeling/living healthier, and the weight WILL come off!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." --Henry Ford

This saying used to be taped to my bathroom mirror. Attitude and persistence is everything in this game. This is not an overnight thing. Keep your head up, and keep moving forward.

Think you can do it. Know you can do it.:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Hey there hon!

Now you know you can do this girl!!! I know you can too....its just a little bump in the road and like the others have so wisely advised this too shall pass....baby steps will get you there for good...not sprints...well...actually that's just philosphically speaking, in actuallity the sprints will be better for you than the baby steps...but you knew what I meant LOL

Get yourself pysched up at what you've accomplished so far...and what you are going to accomplished and I think you need to get yourself up and exercise because I don't know about you...but for me that helps thoughs bluesy, bummed out, I can't do this feelings fly right out the door! AND my friend promise to remember that its not a quick fix, this is a slow and steady road to a new you...for as long as you want it....I know you can do it! I know you can!!!!!

hugs and sending good motivating vibes your way! lol
    ali
  • jason7
    jason7 Posts: 20
    Options
    Why don't you make a video tape of why you are trying to lose weight? List all the reasons. When you feel you are losing motivation, pop it in the VCR and get revitalized.
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    its a YOU thing..
    remember how GREAT you felt when you lost that 5 pounds..its not how much you lose every week.. its how much you lose in 30 days..
    short term goals..
    PICK YOURSELF UP..
    SHAKE YOURSELF OFF..
    and GET BACK AT IT!!!

Great advise - I have been having a rough couple of days, so I take it as well, thank you!
    Look forward to the future, not back-ward in the past..
    Good luck!
    Patricia
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    its a YOU thing..
    short term goals..
    PICK YOURSELF UP..
    SHAKE YOURSELF OFF..
    and GET BACK AT IT!!!

i just want to say thank you for the kick in the butt ... the nicest way that you could possibly say it .... i think that what I am going to do is print out your motivational words and tape those on my mirror and everyday ... tell myself that you know what if a complete stranger can believe in me then heck I can believe in myself .... truely thank you for the butt kicking words to keep me motivated...... :bigsmile:
  • FitAt47
    FitAt47 Posts: 8
    Options
    You're plateau is a normal part of the process. Even though it's many may hope to continually lose weight every week, it doesn't always work that way for everyone. I know for myself, once I've lost a few pounds, after that I'll stay at that weight for 2, maybe 3 weeks. I've learned though that my body metabolism is adjusting to the new weight. After a brief plateau though, all of a sudden I'll start losing weight again. Don't feel that your work during this plateau period isn't working, because you're working to stay at that level.

You'll soon see that you'll start losing again. Then a plateau. Then you lose. But it's part of the process, so hang in there.

:smooched:
  • backontrac
    backontrac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey There Girlfriend..
    Glad to kick your butt any day.. and there will be days I EXPECT the same from you.
    Remember.. WE are in this together....
    let me know how your doing...
    I stuggle everyday...so far-so good for the past week. I walked past the coconut pie at the yard sale and the sticky buns at the church sale...
    I was feeling WEAK..so I hooked up the dog and we went for a walk.
    I keep telling myself ..I CAN DO THIS!!!
    Hugs to all of you !!!
    Keep going.. tomorrow is a new challenge !!!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I know my husband seems to lose 4 lbs one week and then nothing the next and then 3 the next, etc. Maybe that's just how your body will lose weight. Give it more time! It's a journey and takes time.:flowerforyou: