New here :)

Options
I'm a single momma of 5 amazing kids ranging from 5yrs -18yrs old. The 3 youngest still live at home. I've been a BIG girl all my life. I've tried a few times to lose weight but in all honesty was lazy n didn't give it much effort. Was in a stressful marriage and food was my comfort. 2 yrs ago became single and then turned to food again as a comfort. This past August of 2011 I decided enough was enough..woke up one morning took inventory of my life and decided I was worth being healthy..my kids deserved a healthy mom and I HAD to make changes. I dropped all coke (coke is any kind of pop where I'm from) ditched the sweet teas,and started from there. My next step was to ditch empty calories and carbs from junk food. Started snacking on veggies,and fruit. In 2 weeks I was down 12lbs. Here we are almost 6 months later and I am down 78lbs and 3 sizes in pants and 4 sizes in shirts. I can now chase my kids at the park,I can go up and down my steps without sounding like I might die. I have another 75lbs to lose to reach my goal weight. Excited to get there but always looking for friends to walk the journey with. Recently have added in exercise so hoping to speed the journey up a little more. I eat normal foods...moderation has become my mantra...with my kids I want to teach them all food can be okay in moderation. I however do not drink the coke because have discovered...half a can and I am so so very sick. I've become amazed as I've tried different foods I hadn't had for a while at the reaction my body now has to them. So that's my story. Hope to make friends here to encourage and be encouraged.

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the very successful first part of your journey!
  • Mypie07
    Mypie07 Posts: 11
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start! I have just started using this site over the past month and love it! I love seeing the actual calories in what I'm eating and how much exercise really helps - even if it's just walking! Your story is inspirational so far - can't wait to hear how your journey continues! Best of Luck!
  • crazybusymomma
    Options
    thanks Pinkearthmomma :)
  • crazybusymomma
    Options
    Thanks mypieo7. Best of luck to you as well.