Fruit Smoothie Recipes please!

Options

Replies

• cnhanson
    Options
    Try adding spinach! Green smoothies are da bomb! Strawberries and raspberries are naturally tart. Usually I add half a frozen banana, 1 cup strawberries, a mandarin orange and soy milk with 1 c spinach. If you have a good blender and room in the calorie department a medjool date is great for sweetness and has lots of finer too.

Ooh I forgot, this morning I had mandarin mango. IT was AWESEOME!
    1/2 frozen banana (about 40 g)
    3/4 cup frozen mango
    1 (60g about) mandarin orange
    1 C baby spinach
    4 oz soy milk (yogurt would be good too)
    It was divine!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Yeah I have the same problem with my smoothies. Can never get them to hit the spot, y'know?

But while at the 'Y' some time ago, this guy whipped me up a smoothie made with nutella, frozen strawberries and banana, skim milk (I'd substitute this for lower cal. soy or almond milk if I ever tried making it at home.. I'd also go easy on the nutella, but that's just me), agave nectar, and wheybolic vanilla protein powder... it was sweet.. really, really sweet. Of course it can be altered to your liking, but just though I'd share.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup low-fat Kefir
    2-4 packets Purevia (depending on taste.)
    1 medium banana
    1 Tbsp. honey

Mix in a blender and enjoy :)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I usually do half a scoop of zero carb protein powder, a cup of my favorite naked juice (either orange or green machine), and blend with ice. It sounds boring, but it comes out really smooth and delicious. Not too bad in calories either. Only about 180 - 190 with protein powder.

If you don't like protein powder, you can also go to Coffee Bean and buy their No Sugar Added Vanilla Powder, and it'll do the same thing with less calories. So good (almost certainly better), and exactly what I think you're looking for. :)
  • cnhanson
    Options
    Or Chocolate Raspberry is really good:

1 C Raspberries
    1/2 Banana
    1 C Spinach
    1-2 T Cacao or Cocoa Powder
    1 Medjool Date

I call it red velvet smoothie.

I also LOVE this one!
    1 frozen banana
    1 T Natural Peanut butter
    1/2 C soy milk (plus some water to get the machine going)
    1 C Spinach
    Optional 1 T Cacao Powder
    It's like peanut butter cups for breakfast. I usually make it when my husband is having sausage and eggs and I'm feeling sorry for myself.
  • rebgeo
    rebgeo Posts: 23
    Options
    My hubby makes the kids breakfast smoothies he calls them but he just wings it every time.
    Frozen yogurt, yogurt, apple juice and frozen berries. He uses diff flavors of yogurt frozen and reg
    and sometimes uses mixed berries or just raspberries. He also sometimes throws in a banana.
    But no ice and never milk. They are tasty and the kids think they taste just like a booster juice.
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    I have been testing some stuff out as well. I tried Greek yogurt, because I love it, but does give a slightly bitter taste.
  • summerlancaster
    Options

I also LOVE this one!
    1 frozen banana
    1 T Natural Peanut butter
    1/2 C soy milk (plus some water to get the machine going)
    1 C Spinach
    Optional 1 T Cacao Powder
    It's like peanut butter cups for breakfast. I usually make it when my husband is having sausage and eggs and I'm feeling sorry for myself.

I love this!! Going to have to try it for sure!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Strawberry protein powder(I use wheybolic), 3 strawberries, 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup skim milk and 1 cup of ice(to taste)... makes enough for 2 servings at about 250calories a piece
  • abronowski_611
    abronowski_611 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use frozen peach, strawb & banana (Dole) and blend in my bullet with a splash of pineapple coconut juice (Tetra Pack in ethnic aisle) and a tsp of ground flax powder, one ice cube.

No dairy, or sweetener. Taste awesome.

Sounds really good! Thank you! I am going to try using juice instead of yogurt or milk. I just don't like the tangy taste I get with the yogurt and milk together. Maybe if I just added milk instead of yogurt?
  • abronowski_611
    Options
    I usually do half a scoop of zero carb protein powder, a cup of my favorite naked juice (either orange or green machine), and blend with ice. It sounds boring, but it comes out really smooth and delicious. Not too bad in calories either. Only about 180 - 190 with protein powder.

If you don't like protein powder, you can also go to Coffee Bean and buy their No Sugar Added Vanilla Powder, and it'll do the same thing with less calories. So good (almost certainly better), and exactly what I think you're looking for. :)

Thank you! I think that sounds more like the consistency and the taste that I am looking for. I am going to try this! Thanks again!
  • abronowski_611
    Options
    Thank you everyone! All these recipes sound very delicious and I can't wait to start trying them! Thank you!!! I appreciate it!!!
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I hate protein powders they all taste gross!
    I use Greek yogurt for my protein.
    in a blender all...
    half a banana
    1 to 1.5 cups of frozen strawberries
    half a cup of Greek Yogurt (I use Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt) or about two large heaping spoon fulls
    then about half a cup of either juice (any flavor you prefer) or 1% milk.
    Blend away.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My fave morning smoothie (especially in warm weather):

1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 banana
    1 cup pineapple juice

Halve it if you're making it for one person.
  • abronowski_611
    Options
    My fave morning smoothie (especially in warm weather):

1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 banana
    1 cup pineapple juice

Halve it if you're making it for one person.

This sounds delicious!!! :o) I can't wait to try that one!
  • abronowski_611
    Options
    Yeah I have the same problem with my smoothies. Can never get them to hit the spot, y'know?

But while at the 'Y' some time ago, this guy whipped me up a smoothie made with nutella, frozen strawberries and banana, skim milk (I'd substitute this for lower cal. soy or almond milk if I ever tried making it at home.. I'd also go easy on the nutella, but that's just me), agave nectar, and wheybolic vanilla protein powder... it was sweet.. really, really sweet. Of course it can be altered to your liking, but just though I'd share.

Oh wow....that sounds SO good!!! I am a chocolate phene and I LOVE Nutella!!! SO yummy! I can't wait to try this one. I think I am going to drink only shakes one day just to expirment with the new recipes!!! LOL! Thank you!
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Banana should help with the tartness. Or tofu.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Banana would definitely help in making it less tart. I work at a smoothie place and it makes a huge difference in any recipe- but so does the juice/ milk that you use.

I made a couple smoothies for breakfast this morning with apple juice, frozen strawberries and vanilla ice milk (yogurt would work also) and of course ice.

I also started making this peanut butter/chocolate shake that i'm ADDICTED to. milk, tablespoon of peanut butter, sugar free chocolate pudding mix, some vanilla ice milk/fro yo/whatever and ice. Not all that "healthy," but not too high in calories, either. Tastes like a peanut butter cup.

You could also try one with passion fruit juice, mango and banana, or the same thing with strawberries instead of the banana.
  • violynne83
    Options
    Nutella is so yummy. IF you want that chocolatey flavor you can add cacao powder, I have a cacao powder that is 25 cals/2tbsp that is honestly too much chocolate, I have to cut it back to 1Tbsp, but so yummy with some cinnamon added.