All Calories gone before lunch time! Help!!!

Boku502
Boku502 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay so I am somewhat new here and have been doing pretty well with staying within my calorie range as indicated by MFP and if I go over I usually run to the gym to do an extra workout to make up for it. Today has not been good however and I was so hungry that I just ate my lunch and dinner at 10 AM! I'm not sure what to do now? Should I try and hold off eating until tomorrow or just have some low cal options to get me through. How can I keep this from happening in the future?

I'd love to hear any suggestions or ideas! Thanks.

Replies

• FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Personally... I say learn from this experience.
    Don't beat yourself up, it happens to all of us.
    If you can get in a workout, do it.
    You gotta eat... make healthy choices the rest of the day.
    Chalk it up to a learning experience.

:flowerforyou:
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403 Member
    oh no! i did the same thing recently and have been over every day this week...

I wouldnt say dont eat until tomorrow... if it were me I would buy a bunch of good romaine, chop it up nice and small, some bagged coleslaw mix (adds crunch to your salad for free instead of sesame or almonds) and a really really good dressing... mix it up and eat that! I use the creamy balsamic dressing... it is not fat or calorie free, but it is good, so i look forward to eat and will fill up on a giant thing of lettuce and veggies -- i chopp it small so i can take more little bites...
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403 Member

I wouldnt say dont eat until tomorrow... if it were me I would buy a bunch of good romaine, chop it up nice and small, some bagged coleslaw mix (adds crunch to your salad for free instead of sesame or almonds) and a really really good dressing... mix it up and eat that! I use the creamy balsamic dressing... it is not fat or calorie free, but it is good, so i look forward to eat and will fill up on a giant thing of lettuce and veggies -- i chopp it small so i can take more little bites...
  • kimster
    kimster Posts: 21
    Don't starve yourself, that will hurt more than help. Try to find some good low cal options for rest of the day and just tell yourself you will try harder tomorrow. Every day is a new day.:smile:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Kimster - When I first saw your avatar I thought they were cupcakes! :laugh:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Do not starve yourself the rest of the day - otherwise tomorrow will be just like today. Eat real food, full of fiber and protein, every 3 hours or so, and that should help with the hunger from now on.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    morning wondering can you get a healthy choice dinner 200- 300 cal to hold you over full dinner for the amount of a candy bar or crackers
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    It's not a good idea to starve ourself. I'd say your best option is an extra workout and just allowing yourself to be a bit over today. To keep it from happening again though, try planning out your days in advance. I find it keeps me on track. I have to eat on a schedule, there is no impulse eating in my house. I wake up, enter ALL meals and snacks, and followthe plan accordingly. try it!
  • BigAnn
    BigAnn Posts: 38
    I hate the days when I over do it at lunch/break and then see I only have a couple hundred of calories left for dinner. Just make the most of those calories. I can fix a rather large salad for under 200 calories. You could also log some exercise to get more calories.
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    By all means, do not starve yourself the rest of the day. Remember, that when our bodies go three to four hours without fuel, it will start feeding off of our muscle to supply our energy. It's NEVER a good idea to go long periods without food.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    It's not a good idea to starve ourself. I'd say your best option is an extra workout and just allowing yourself to be a bit over today. To keep it from happening again though, try planning out your days in advance. I find it keeps me on track. I have to eat on a schedule, there is no impulse eating in my house. I wake up, enter ALL meals and snacks, and followthe plan accordingly. try it!

Looking good, Kerri!!!!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member

You should add sesame, almonds, chicken or something for a source of protein to any salad..........

Need the protein and good fats to keep you full longer............a bowl of veggies is good for you, but they are carbs and carbs need to be eaten with some source of protein................

Also, your body seems to be telling you something!!!! Listen to it, it seems like you need to up your caloric intake..........
  • kimster
    kimster Posts: 21
    Kimster - When I first saw your avatar I thought they were cupcakes! :laugh:

BRILE - that would be awfully mean of me putting that out there!!! :happy: I just have yet to upload an actual pic - too funny!
  • Boku502
    Boku502 Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help everyone! I just took my dog out for an extra long walk and am headed to the gym for a little extra punch. I will plan to have some salad and a piece of fish for dinner and maybe a piece of fruit between now and then. Definately will try planning things out better- its a day off that really gets me. When I am at work I don't have a chance to break from what I have planned out to eat because that is all I have brought- but at home I seem to go wild!:blushing:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Pretend that you are in Australia...It's already tomorrow!!

Seriously, these things happen. I totally agree with the others. Don't worry too much about it ...it's only one day!!!
This discussion has been closed.