I need to widen my cooking horizons....

Options
Today I found out you can cook a quiche in a green bell pepper!!! This is the wonderful kind of thing I need to know. Would love some ideas on simple (cause I'm not the best cook) low calorie recipes.

Replies

• beccas753
    beccas753 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too!! A thread or separate forum on this topic would be terrific. Lots of the recipes out there that claim to be healthy really are not.

I just submitted a recipe today to MFP for "Healthy Breakfast Casserole". About 200 cals per serving with 20g of protein!

Good luck!
  • ionlyhavesporx
    Options
    I recommend this often because it's flexible and healthy and easy and delicious....

Thai Lettuce Wraps!!! They're healthy and delicious.

These are delicious: http://thejoyofcleaneating.com/recipes/thai-lettuce-wraps/
  • alidav12345
    Options
    I am in the same boat. My problem is I am so picky on veggies, the texture is a big thing for me. One dinner recipe I like is getting a salmon filet and brushing it with teriyaki marinade and baking it in oven. I steam cabbage and add a little season salt to it.

Do you like black beans? I haven't tried it yet but I have a recipe for a black bean burger. You drain and mash the black beans and add a little ground turkey with it. Then you brush the top of the patty you form with dijon mustard and bake or cook on stove. I have heard it is really good and low on calories.

Good luck!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I do like black beans..!
  • KickassAugust
    Options
    I just submitted a recipe today to MFP for "Healthy Breakfast Casserole". About 200 cals per serving with 20g of protein!

Nice!
  • KickassAugust
    Options
    Learned the joys of Spaghetti Squash last night as my Valentines Dinner!!! Truly amazing!