Eating before you sleep...?

Options
So I've heard it's bad- eating too close to the time you go to sleep. But how much time should I not eat before bed.. I like having a snack in the evening, usually 2 hrs or less before I go to sleep. Is this counter productive??

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Nope. Unless you have a specific issue where eating right before bed can cause problems, like acid reflux, there is nothing wrong with eating before bed. It will not affect your weightloss.
  • TinaVanHoecke
    Options
    When I was body building I often ate just before crawling into bed and I had awesome results. Of coarse I only ate healthy choices, Protein/carb balanced.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    To each their own but I take a 1/2 cup of Almonds and a Glass of 1% Chocolate Milk (450 calories total) to bed with me every night ( I am a type 2 diabetic and have to eat something to get me through til the morning) and have managed to lose some weight so in my own experience I don't see I problem with eat b4 bed as long has what you eat fits into your Calorie goals for that day..... Good luck....
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters. It won't hurt you as long as your within your calories. I usually have a snack before I go to bed and it hasnt hurt me at all.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    When I was body building I often ate just before crawling into bed and I had awesome results. Of coarse I only ate healthy choices, Protein/carb balanced.

I sometimes have a hard time getting all of my meals in for the day and often find myself eating then going right to bed as well.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter when you eat as long as you eat healthy food.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I eat right before bed every night! I usually drink a protein shake right before bed, too. And lol at my buddy Ed saying he's lost "some" weight! 295 pounds definitely qualifies as "some." :flowerforyou:
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to stop eating around 10pm. Not for any specific reason though...
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Nope. Unless you have a specific issue where eating right before bed can cause problems, like acid reflux, there is nothing wrong with eating before bed. It will not affect your weightloss.

^yep, this.
  • ecborders
    ecborders Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've stopped eating after seven, but only because I start snacking and end up going over my calories (: it's much easier to fix little meals throughout the day then sit down in front of the computer at night with neverending popcorn and cookies!! (: