50lbs gone, 50 to go {pics!}

Options

Replies

• leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! I have the same height, starting weight and goal weight as you, so seeing your awesome results gives me hope.

Yay! I added you back, it's great to have friends with the same goals!
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    you look amazing how did u do it

I started a couple years ago, when I was diagnosed with PCOS. Started completely changing the way I ate. Cut out most carbs, simple sugars, and processed food. It took about a year of failing before my body clicked into gear and stopped craving sweets and pastas and breads. Fell in love with veggies and protein.

Then last year, I focused on moving more. Exercising. Got a FitBit to track steps and keep in competition with myself. Joined LoseIt! to track food intake. A couple friends and I with similar goals started a Tumblr acct to track our frustrations and progress and then I joined here for more community support and easier tracking. And my roommate has also been working extremely hard to drop weight, too, which has been a great inspiration. It's all about being honest with yourself, and others, to let them hold you accountable. After walking a couple hours a day for a few months, I dropped enough to start running, and that's what I do now. Soon I'll focus on weight training.

It's a long process, but after watching so many people around me die and suffer health problems the past few years, I needed to change my life, and not take advantage of my body. It's such a gift to have a happy body. A healthy mind inevitably follows. :)
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I agree you don't look like you have 50 lbs to go. GREAT WORK!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    looking good! keep it up
  • princessyayaaa
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • Kaspur
    Kaspur Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great commitment! You look Amazing! Keep up the great work!!!!!
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    AWESOME
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    amazing :D
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    Wow what a difference! Great job, keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! You don't even look like you weigh 220!

Yes, I agree --totally!
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You Rock! Great job!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

Xactly!
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    Wow! You are an inspiration! As a fellow woman with PCOS, it's so hard to lose... and you have done an amazing job! You DEFINITELY don't look like 220!
  • Ugeyudi1990
    Options
    This is so awesome and inspirational! You look amazing! :)
  • templeofgod
    Options
    Amazing job. I have lost a little over that and know how difficult it is so I applaud your hard work and dedication. :) Congratulations on a healthier and leaner body.
  • alidav12345
    Options
    Wow.....what an inspiration you are! You look great! Your height def. plays a factor in the amount of your actual weight. You are almost a foot taller than me,lol. Keep it up girl, you got this!
  • TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!!
  • mayb92
    mayb92 Posts: 34
    Options
    You look amazing :D what was ur weight loss plan like meals or exercise how long etc?
  • LixxiLees
    LixxiLees Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BLOODY HELL - AMAZING! Well done!
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Yes, I agree --totally!

This! I was thinking to myself, "where is she going to get another 50 lbs. to lose!?"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!